The Jubilee are in the house!

MMurg

The Belle Klipsch center was delivered on Wednesday.  Now just waiting for Parts Express to get the Axi2050 back in stock so that I can turn it into (dare I type it? 🙂) a "JuBelle".

The cabinet and grills are in very good shape.  However, the lacquer has seen better days in spots.  I may get a quote on refinishing it.  I also thought about trying Howard's Restor-A-Finish on it.  Any opinions on that product and whether it will work on lacquer that looks like this?  Thanks.

PXL_20220720_144538204.MP (Large).jpg

PXL_20220720_144915866 (Large).jpg

PXL_20220720_144925234.MP (Large).jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

The Belle Klipsch center was delivered on Wednesday...  thought about trying Howard's Restor-A-Finish on it.

I would try the Restor-A-Finish, first on the side edge banding. I would not completely re-finish the lacquer, unless you want it stained to more closely match your Jubilee but, that might cost way more than it is worth, because the Belle has a nice color as it is.

4 minutes ago, Schu said:

it's weird at how much it has yellowed over the years.

It's actually not that yellowed in person.  It definitely has yellowed some but it seems that phone camera color correction accentuates it.  It was the same way in the pictures for the original eBay listing.  I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

MMburg - is the Celestion Axi a plug and play? Does it require the networks be worked to accommodate or are you planning new networks from the outset?

And it’s 2 inch exit vs 1 inch for a stock Belle?

No, it's not.  However, I already have a Xilica XP-2040, a two-channel amp, and horn in hand.  I will not be using the stock MF, HF, or crossover.  I also have someone who offered to help me get it all working.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

It's actually not that yellowed in person.  It definitely has yellowed some but it seems that phone camera color correction accentuates it.  It was the same way in the pictures for the original eBay listing.  I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. 

The good-looking cane grill color affects the camera's reading of that scene, and also influences how the mind perceives the image. 

52 minutes ago, MMurg said:

No, it's not.  However, I already have a Xilica XP-2040, a two-channel amp, and horn in hand.  I will not be using the stock MF, HF, or crossover.  I also have someone who offered to help me get it all working.

Please share what your parameters are once you do, I'd be interested to compare to some of the other horn/driver combos, especially with the Belle. 

12 hours ago, MMurg said:

I also thought about trying Howard's Restor-A-Finish on it.  Any opinions on that product and whether it will w

The Restor-A-Finish is impressive  stuff , but there is even better ....... TRADE SECRET  ,   it even  works on floors    available on Amazon  .

https://www.tradesecret.ca/?page_id=317

1 hour ago, babadono said:

@MMurg I know I'm going to get boo'd out of the room but I would try pure tung oil applied with 0000 steelwool on those blemishes. Do not allow the tung oil to set. Remove excess while it is still wet. One thing is for certain it will not hurt.

— boo boo boo booooo - 😎

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, OO1 said:

The Restor-A-Finish is impressive  stuff , but there is even better ....... TRADE SECRET  ,   it even  works on floors    available on Amazon  .

Interesting.  I like the idea of O% VOC so I can apply it in my living room.  However, since it's just coconut oil-based, does it really provide a permanent solution or it does it have to be reapplied after a time?

22 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Interesting.  I like the idea of O% VOC so I can apply it in my living room.  However, since it's just coconut oil-based, does it really provide a permanent solution or it does it have to be reapplied after a time?

Mike , 

the FAQ says it is  permanent  except if used in high traffic areas  .  1-800-354-4445  

The Scratch Remover will offer permanent results on most surfaces. Occasionally, when the area of the repair is subject to high traffic, repeat applications from time to time may be required.

2 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Mike , 

the FAQ says it is  permanent  except if used in high traffic areas  .  1-800-354-4445  

The Scratch Remover will offer permanent results on most surfaces. Occasionally, when the area of the repair is subject to high traffic, repeat applications from time to time may be required.

Yes, I saw their marketing text.  I was hoping you might have some real world experience as to whether that statement is actually true or not.  🙂