The Jubilee are in the house!

MMurg

4 minutes ago, Schu said:

^5.1 music will suffer....

It'll suffer even more with mismatched speakers.

This is exactly why I say trying to do multi-channel and two channel in the same system is fraught with compromises. One has to decide going in, which is more important and live with whatever they get for the other.

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

As close as those jubilees are to each other, I question the need for a center channel at all. Often times the phantom center channel effect is better than any extra speaker.

Yeah, since the Jubilee were setup I have questioned the wisdom of doing this center speaker.  🙂  However, I had already purchased the speaker and everything else I need to convert it to two-way with an Axi2050 HF.  So, at least I will try it out once Parts Express finally gets the Axi2050 back in stock. 

3 hours ago, mark1101 said:

The Belle tweeter is most definitely attenuated by the bad caps.  Replace the caps and the tweeter will come back.  You will never be happy trying to match top ends until you get the same top end as your Jubs.  Nothing sounds like a 402 horn.  Ask me how I know?  🙂

Matching drivers is as important as a matching horn.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

it can't suffer MORE than lacking the content in totality from that position... that doesn't even make sense.

NO ONE is saying that there is not compromise in the set up, but semantics don't help Mike... not that he needs our help.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

This is exactly why I say trying to do multi-channel and two channel in the same system is fraught with compromises. One has to decide going in, which is more important and live with whatever they get for the other.

Not when you use 3 identical speakers in front. No compromises.

11 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Not when you use 3 identical speakers in front. No compromises.

I'm gonna derail Mike's thread, but I will just say that speaker choice is not the only compromise. We can have that discussion offline or in another thread. But it's probably a waste of time for both of us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MMurg said:

Yeah, since the Jubilee were setup I have questioned the wisdom of doing this center speaker.  🙂  However, I had already purchased the speaker and everything else I need to convert it to two-way with an Axi2050 HF.  So, at least I will try it out once Parts Express finally gets the Axi2050 back in stock. 

When we were in Hope I could not believe how the stereo image came to center.  At one point I was in the center of the couch in the front row and David Lee Roth was singing in the center of the room.  Clearly.  So I agree, with your spacing you may find that for music you may not need a center channel.  For movies maybe different?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

They should have had about 150 on order, with maybe 1/2 dozen delivered. They could be doing JIT, though, probably not on purpose!

Do you guys really think that Klipsch buys their drivers from Parts Express?  Do you think that the manufacturer sends parts to Parts Express and to Klipsch that are pulled from the same bin? Not likely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

Do you guys really think that Klipsch buys their drivers from Parts Express?  Do you think that the manufacturer sends parts to Parts Express and to Klipsch that are pulled from the same bin? Not likely.

First of all, who is you guys?

Since you are quoting me, I have to correct your false assumption conflation of Parts Express vs. Celestion.

Not knowing specifically the OEM production volumes and where they are made, shipped from , etc.  the Axi2050 Drivers by Celestion do have a Klipsch Label on them, do they not? So, not so obviously, apparently, I was speaking about a relatively large potential order by Klipsch direct from the manufacturer or importer, if that be the case. The 150 Number was a reasonable guess based on having at least 75 for the 75 they will potentially build for the Jubilee 75 PAIRS. In Engineering, EVERYTHING has a date stamp on it. By that logic, I can only comment on information as it evolves with the calendar and presented here in some form by Klipsch Inc. and their employees.

As to my Just In Time (JIT) comment, it's based on my Engineering Past in implementing Japanese Quality Engineering and Production Methods we stole from Toyota in the Automotive world with parallels in other industries, which include speaker manufacturing.

2 hours ago, mark1101 said:

For movies maybe different?

It's a Dialog Channel for movies and TV. So, having had matched and unmatched speakers implemented in about 7 domiciles in the new millenium, I don't think it's as "compromised" as some people here claim. But not knowing the specifics, I can't argue the point either.

2 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

No one said that. A logical thought would be that if Klipsch is buying the available Celestion drivers from the manufacturer, then other Celestion buyers and resellers may need to wait.

31 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

No one said that. A logical thought would be that if Klipsch is buying the available Celestion drivers from the manufacturer, then other Celestion buyers and resellers may need to wait.

Depending on their production volumes during these times of supplier issues (like magnets), that's likely to be true. I'm currently waiting on 4 woofers made by Eminence, but I'm told it's a magnet supply issue from China holding things up. I don't think Celestion is above those consequences if they get magnets from the same sources.

17 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I'm currently waiting on 4 woofers made by Eminence, but I'm told it's a magnet supply issue

Yes, during the past year I have bought some woofers and compression drivers I did not need at the time, just because they were available then. The electric car industry and others are buying up all the magnet supply they can get their hands on.