Jubilee thd @ 115db/1 meter ?

Camplo

Ok, I see it, and thank you... Spec sheets rarely contain detailed measurements.....Theres no Thd measurements.....125db max rating but at what thd level???? Maybe my standard is 1% thd.....maybe my limit is 10% 2nd order distortion.....as far as we know this speaker plays 125db with 50% thd....... Measurements remove speculation.

28 minutes ago, Camplo said:

Exactly.... I am not sure why people get upset over a person asking for measurements. We shouldnt exactly need an anechoic chamber for such measurements though. I took mine in the backyard. I would settle for measurements in ones listening space even but first we would have to find someone willing to take the measurements!

Knew you were interested in the new Jubilee. Figured you did not look at the specs sheet for the pro Jube. Glad you glanced at it.

Therein lies the problem, interesting someone to do a test. Don't know why people get upset either.

Thanks!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Camplo said:

Exactly.... I am not sure why people get upset over a person asking for measurements. We shouldnt exactly need an anechoic chamber for such measurements though. I took mine in the backyard. I would settle for measurements in ones listening space even but first we would have to find someone willing to take the measurements!

Knew you were interested in the new Jubilee. Figured you did not look at the specs sheet for the pro Jube. Glad you glanced at it.

Therein lies the problem, interesting someone to do a test. Don't know why people get upset either. Is someone upset, lol...

Thanks!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yeah I've gotten a lot of clarification so far about this line of product. The Jubilee is an awesome speaker. As a speaker nerd I like to dissect such highly praised designs.

Anyone who seems to act negative after a person requests measurements....is upset lol.

Edited by Camplo
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, MMurg said:

FREQUENCY RESPONSE (+1.75 dB/- 3 dB) 18Hz – 20kHz.  No one would call it bass shy.

Beware .....the Jubilee can rattle the fillings out of your  teeth  :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, Camplo said:

No one is upset. Please do share with us your measurements and pictures of your speakers and equipment.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, billybob said:

Not upset. Have always had to hang my hat on spec sheets before the internet. Had to have something to go on with buying, selling electronics. Glad to have had them.

Never thought you were sir 😃

1 hour ago, babadono said:

30dB peaks over average level...that's a GOOD recording(almost non existent IME) Or are you talking about live sound reinforcement?

I agree, and its aiming for a certain limit. Gotta leave room for the "almost" non existent, for the sake of being all encompassing. 20db peaks is not rare though.

• Klipsch Employees
4 hours ago, Camplo said:

Funny how people always forget to pop out the spl meter during these "The fish wasThis big" type stories lol. I have no idea how loud you think loud is....and mph does not translate to spl... You didn't mention anything falling off the walls either....even though you thought something was going to blow....the Jubilee is really efficient and doesn't need a lot of power. So while I know that the Jubillee is that loud, I like to see measurements, detailed measurements. In particular, the Jubliee at 115db / 1m. I have a loud system thats as big as the Jubilee. Its a work in progress. I chose not to go the 6th order bandpass route and use a sealed 15" and 2 - 18"s on each side under the Axi2050.

The loudest thing on the Jubilee is the Axi2050....they are not different from mine (ignoring the jubilees phase plug) My horn is a lot bigger. In the backyard I've played it pretty loud. Over 125db.... My eye's are still here but....could you speak a little louder lol!

I'll try to explain again.....Music and media contain transient peaks that can be 20db or more......over average spl. You may be listening at 80db rms.....but the transient peaks can reach 110db easily. This is easily exposed with Rew and a microphone btw....... Not all material will be as dynamic as other material. The point is.....the distortion levels at the true peak levels.....matter. So you take a measurement at 80db......thd is really low......maybe you take a measurement at 110db and thd is over 10%......as you may know, mechanical strain, is the enemy, and can cause harmonic as well as amplitude distortion. You can decide at what point the transient level spl has gone into distortion, just by taking a reading at said anticipated levels....

Having Peaks that reside at 115db is not the same thing as listening to music at 115db average.

That is an over exaggeration, I can assure there will not be enough bass! considering my system is a little bigger, I'm questioning your thoughts on that lol. Got me looking at my system, like.....could you do that? lol!!!

20 db over average?  Have you ever looked at a typical song as a wave file?  

and yes believe it or not (doesn’t matter to me) these system can do a 200-300 seat cinema. 

• Thanks 1

• Klipsch Employees
3 hours ago, Camplo said:

Ok, I see it, and thank you... Spec sheets rarely contain detailed measurements.....Theres no Thd measurements.....125db max rating but at what thd level???? Maybe my standard is 1% thd.....maybe my limit is 10% 2nd order distortion.....as far as we know this speaker plays 125db with 50% thd....... Measurements remove speculation.

Or listening to it is just as effective. 

2 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

No one is upset. Please do share with us your measurements and pictures of your speakers and equipment.

Im not so sure of that lol

I dont have everything in place at the moment, work in progress 😃

9337E0E5-4C24-47B5-8C0A-CBB03D402FBE.thumb.jpeg.a6bfa3cc5667d1104fe7fb72785187d5.jpeg

7CD18AE0-82E5-42D1-A074-A051E1EB3BAA.thumb.jpeg.e482b609f0e49d3bfaab79fc58f4f81e.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

20 db over average?  Have you ever looked at a typical song as a wave file?  

and yes believe it or not (doesn’t matter to me) these system can do a 200-300 seat cinema. 

I am familiar, I've spent a lot of time playing mix/mastering engineer... 

It can do vs how well it does.... Measurements aren't subjectively making opinions, they just report data. 

If you are a Klipsch Employee I am not having high hopes that you'll share the data I am looking for and right on que you say the stereo typical "just use your ears" lol! The loudspeaker engineers didn't "just use their ears"  when they designed the dang thing lol!!! 

.....I couldn't even get the full theile specs from Celestion on the Axi2050 after I bought them lol.... Over time the details have been filled in.... Manufacturers hide this type of data for a reason. Not sharing theile specs for a compression driver is just idiocracy, to me. Not sharing Thd measurements for systems is just Marketing. Takes away the ability of a customer to objectively compare systems, so that marketing can use buzz  words to push sales instead of actual measurements.

Edited by Camplo

• Klipsch Employees
2 minutes ago, Camplo said:

I am familiar, I've spent a lot of time playing mix/mastering engineer... 

It can do vs how well it does.... Measurements aren't subjectively making opinions, they just report data. 

Then you must saturate the tape or overload the bits if doing it digital. 

ive been doing this for over 36 years but thanks for the pointers…..lol

16 minutes ago, Camplo said:

.....I couldn't even get the full theile specs from Celestion on the Axi2050 after I bought them lol.... Over time the details have been filled in.... Manufacturers hide this type of data for a reason. Not sharing theile specs for a compression driver is just idiocracy, to me. Not sharing Thd measurements for systems is just Marketing. Takes away the ability of a customer to objectively compare systems, so that marketing can use buzz  words to push sales instead of actual measurements.

DATS V3 and a UMike should get you the T&S if you have a sample to measure from. I have not done so yet but have the bits and pieces to do so as I have been told this works. One day I will get around to trying it all out.

On this whole share your data stuff. I have people actually ask me to share my design and cut files for my tweeters like I would actually give them away. The answer is NO and if you really want it figure out how to do it on your dime and time. I don't blame Roy one bit for not sharing. The audio world seems to be full of people who can't figure out how to do things and then want answers handed to them by those who do figure it out.

Sales shtick is always crap to some degree and go hear in person in someones house on their setup. I would trust dealers like Cory who don't pull fast ones and will share how they got to what you hear.

• Thanks 1