Jubilee thd @ 115db/1 meter ?

Camplo

6 minutes ago, Camplo said:

You have no basis to be confident in that statement lol... you exaggerate significance lol

The basis for my statement is the ridiculous arguments that you made with Mr .Delgado, a highly respected horn speaker designer. You really revealed yourself , but  don’t seem to realize it 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom05 said:

The basis for my statement is the ridiculous arguments that you made with Mr .Delgado, a highly respected horn speaker designer. You really revealed yourself , but  don’t seem to realize it 

which statement in particular, are you speaking of, that is ridiculous to you? I'm curious to see the validity in your claim.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Not true. They use all Klipsch parts (K-42), same mids, same Xovers, and same tweeters if one doesn't upgrade those. I just use the same port size as a HIP and quieted down the horns by 6 db for home use.

Okay, I stand corrected.  I’m sure your Super Heresys sound great, and if you want to call them that, a name that you appear to have created yourself, it’s fine with me.  I have no problem with that.  I don’t want to get into trading insults, because that can escalate to a point of rudeness that neither party wants.  Can we at least agree on that?

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I never used my own labels, I only added the "Super" because of the way it sounded and with better super tweeters than 60 year old ones. Even Klipsch has upgraded all their tweeters now. If I was wrong, why did they change them too?

Wow, that’s some interesting logic.  You modded a Heresy, or quite a few Heresys, and then felt that they were sufficiently improved over the Klipsch version that they deserved a new name, the Super Heresy.

Then, since Klipsch eventually upgraded the Heresy tweeters, you make it sound like Klipsch finally caught up with the guy at the vanguard of Heresy development.  That would be you, who’s apparently got so much credibility that you hardly know what to do with it.  Fine.  Whatever.  Just realize that you’re living in a glass house.

And by the way, what’s the deal with the Kappalite woofers?  Do they address a long-standing deficiency that only Claude J1 can solve?

24 minutes ago, Camplo said:

one of the Forums rules is likely, not derailing a thread.... If you guys can't try to stay on topic and try to add meaningful content to this thread...a moderator will have to correct you. 😃 

if you don't have measurements to show or discussion surrounding  measurements....I am talking to you lol

In other words...if you are not a fan of the Topic of this thread....measurements...Good bye lol....No one is going force you to view my thread...walk away....vamoose rofl!

18 minutes ago, Camplo said:

trying to keep it light hearted....Also show how unbothered I am....lol

I would like to be aware of that forum rule. Can you show us where it is written?

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 5:33 PM, Khornukopia said:

No one is upset. Please do share with us your measurements and pictures of your speakers and equipment.

22 hours ago, Camplo said:

Im not so sure of that lol

I dont have everything in place at the moment, work in progress 😃

9337E0E5-4C24-47B5-8C0A-CBB03D402FBE.thumb.jpeg.a6bfa3cc5667d1104fe7fb72785187d5.jpeg

7CD18AE0-82E5-42D1-A074-A051E1EB3BAA.thumb.jpeg.e482b609f0e49d3bfaab79fc58f4f81e.jpeg

People are anxiously waiting for you to publish your 115db THD measurements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Camplo said:

what in the heck does THD measurements have to do with confidence other than if one was confident in his product, he would be very transparent lol.....Your approach is not very scientific....more like a groupie 

I’m not claiming to be a scientist.  I assembled my speakers using a recipe developed by Roy Delgado.  After assembling the necessary parts, I punched in the DSP settings, also developed by Roy, and then I enjoyed the speakers.  I don’t claim to be part of why they sound so good.  

Does that make me a groupie?  For the new kid on the block, you toss labels around pretty casually.  Do you plan to hang around here for a while, or will you find you’ve caused enough annoyance and move on to another forum?  If you do plan to stay, stop pissing everyone off.  We generally welcome new members, but you’re making it very difficult.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Camplo said:

Interesting.....Bill may have designed something similar before the jubilee (2nd gen) came along.

https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/messages/18/187375.html

LOL; read the reviews of Bill's creations; including the Snail which he asserts is a "superior" design...

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forums/topic/188508-bill-fitzmaurice-plans/

You need to reconsider your sources.

If by pissing you off, you mean " asking for measurements" ....not a chance.

You assemble the speakers? what does that even mean? Like a kit? A kit isn't a recipe....Like you had to assemble the cabinets from scratch? You are never very specific it seems. 

The DSP settings he gave you were made custom for your room? why do I doubt that, unless he came to your room, and took measurements and created a voicing made specifically for your room and listening position and speaker position.....You are lacking sir.

The proper way is to take measurements and create a voicing yourself, in situ, using a measurement mic, ears, DSP and know how.

55 minutes ago, Camplo said:

If you study loudspeaker design long enough you'd see where I am comin from....that is all.

Simulation is the next best thing...saves a lot time and money too....I have designed bass horns in the digital realm. The same place most manufacturers start their designs as well....

Simulation only gets you so far in speaker design  , so does your artificial intelligence  lol giggle giggle

5 minutes ago, michaelwjones said:

LOL; read the reviews of Bill's creations; including the Snail which he asserts is a "superior" design...

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forums/topic/188508-bill-fitzmaurice-plans/

You need to reconsider your sources.

It was random really but the link you shared is all speculation, and no measurements so still not very objective. I don't want to build one of Bills horns but I do recognize that Bill is an expert on cabinet bracing.......

3 minutes ago, Tom05 said:

Simulation only gets you so far in speaker design  , so does your artificial intelligence  lol giggle giggle

Simulation led to design of the Axi2050 and every other new product you'll likely see come around the bend....You can down play it but everyone uses it now....wiggle wiggle

it will get you only so far....much farther than those who don't know how to do it lol

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Theater Jubilees came with different horns. The ones at PWK's house had a 503, a guy from Michigan won a pair with K-510's and B&C DE-750 drivers and passive networks(I was there in 2007 when he got them), another pair in the room had K-402's, a Klipsch Pro dealer in NC had 2 different horns on his Klipsch Golden Jubilees including Tractrix and another Non-Klipsch on top. The common denominator which is TRUE for all of them is the BASS BIN that makes it a Jubilee.

I actually liked the sound of LaScala Bass Bins with the K-402, I was there for that demos also. The only reason I can think of that Roy doesn't object is that the name "Jubilee" still remains Promotional of the Name for Klipsch the company, even when applied to the wrong product. But that's his decision, not mine.

IMG_0661.JPG

From all I’ve heard, the Jubilee bass bin is an amazing piece of audio engineering.  You personally have had a pair on two separate occasions that I can think of, but you didn’t keep them.  I guess you weren’t all that impressed with them after all. 

As for your last two sentences, you state that Roy is happy with the use of the name JubScala.  I’m happy too.  But you’re not.  Do you know better than him, or are you the Defender of the Nomenclature, stepping up when you perceive an inaccuracy?

This is how silly it’s become.  Can you just put it to bed?  I’m not laughing anymore.  This stopped being funny a long time ago.

1 minute ago, Camplo said:

Simulation led to design of the Axi2050 and every other new product you'll likely see come around the bend....You can down play it but everyone uses it now....wiggle wiggle

Yea but your referring to your simulations , I wouldn’t have any confidence in those , lol giggle giggle