What is a fair price for a 2015 set of K-horns in excellent condition. Walnut/with all paperwork/consec.#s?

formanj

Local set has come up for sale, but I do not know what to offer.  I am willing to pay a fair price, but I also need to be able to recoup my money if they are not "all that I thought they would be".  I currently possess a pair of Cornwall 2s, but I am thinking of pulling the trigger on the K-horns.  Thanks for any info!

5 hours ago, formanj said:

Local set has come up for sale, but I do not know what to offer.  I am willing to pay a fair price, but I also need to be able to recoup my money if they are not "all that I thought they would be".  I currently possess a pair of Cornwall 2s, but I am thinking of pulling the trigger on the K-horns.  Thanks for any info!

$1

Randy will be along shortly to tell you they are EASILY worth $15,000 and you better hurry.

Being close to you is worth a lot. So is the remorse of "what if". In 2018 or 19 I sold almost perfect WO Khorns and a single matching Belle center in nice but not perfect condition for $3,500. They had all original parts + custom crossovers for all 3 and "upgraded" tweeters. That was a while ago and 1987 models. Prices have no doubt gone up since then. I'd say Budman is in the ball park 6,000-7,500 and another +/- 1,500 depending on if just a passing curiosity or I gotta have them. Again, proximality is a BIG deal in my opinion. What is your time worth if you have to make a weekend out of a multi-state trip. In my book easily 1,000. If I'm remotely close that should give a range of 4,500 - 10,000. A big swing depending on motivation. Knock that last 1,000 for being close and you are 4,500-9,000. Me, I'd be a buyer at 5-6K only because I had them for 14 years and moved on. Truth be told I don't miss them as much as I used to.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, formanj said:

I also need to be able to recoup my money if they are not "all that I thought they would be".   Thanks for any info!

That's not even a remote possibility if you like your Cornwall II's...

Remember, there is inflationary effects happening in today's market.

5 hours ago, formanj said:

Local set has come up for sale,

Dude ,  Welcome to the Klipsch Forum  , Randy 

the cost of new khorns is 16500$   https://upscaleaudio.com/products/klipsch-klipschorn-ak6-loudspeaker-each

Shipping costs are at least 1k$  

used 2015 Khorns dont come up too often , so pricing could be anywhere from 9-10k$  , anything lower would be a bargain .

BTW , thete are a lot of people out there looking for 2015 khorns  , including me , so if you fall on a mint pair , dont tell us where they are , and swoop them fast before another Bonehead on the Forum  beats you to it 

...  hes been a member here since oct 2021...  

cant say a fair price for newer 2015 K-horns,  but unless they are exactly what you want & very local for easy pickup,  i would suggest looking for a slightly older pair of AK3 that were into the mid-late 1990's,  they have the exact same drivers as 2015 last i knew & only a slight change to crossovers but those can be changed/upgraded if you prefer.  older ones will be about half the price or less than $9-10k & be 99% the same speaker.