Klipsch AK2

The AK-2 is not a desired network.  Klipsch corrected it with the AK-3 which is far more desirable.  Remember that these networks are in two sections.  One mounted in the top hat and the other half is mounted inside the woofer hatch door.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Frzninvt said:

The AK-2 is not a desired network.  Klipsch corrected it with the AK-3 which is far more desirable.

I have never had the opportunity to compare the two. Can one hear a favorable difference during a left/right comparison using matching drivers? I am curious because I have some AK-2 that will need new caps one day soon. 

Road trip ! Heading to Michigan tonight to take a listen to some Ak2s tomorrow. I  appreciate the help from all of you. Going with an open mind and knowing that the 2s can be upgraded to threes. Hopefully Monday eve I'll finally have that 35 year vision (itch) hooked up and cranking:)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Frank Lesniak said:

Road trip ! Heading to Michigan tonight to take a listen to some Ak2s tomorrow. I  appreciate the help from all of you. Going with an open mind and knowing that the 2s can be upgraded to FOURS or AA's. Hopefully Monday eve I'll finally have that 35 year vision (itch) hooked up and cranking:)