The Set-Up

So, I just made the switch from the pathetic world of sound-bars  and switched 😎 to A/V Receiver + x2 (Klipsch's RP-8060FA) Floor-standing Speakers (R/L - 150W RMS / 600W Peak) + (x1 (75W RMS/300W Peak) Center Speaker + x2 (45W RMS) Surround Back (R/L) speakers + x1 (150W) 10" Sub [taken from the Klipsch Reference Cinema Bundle]). All of my speakers from by Klipsch. We are going to use the system for both movies and music. 

Challenge:
I'm looking for a solid A/V Receiver to connect my entire system to, utilizing the full capabilities of the speakers, but also being smart and cost effective. Right now, I'm thinking about getting the Denon X3700H + getting a 200W amp to connect the pre-out of the Denon receiver to. And all of these speakers are going to be connected using 16 gauge OFC wire and banana plugs.  

My Questions:

1. What's the most cost effective, high-quality approach to accomplishing this?
  2. Is the Denon X3700H Receiver the right way to go?
  3. What amp should I purchase?
  4. Is there anything else I should think about investing into to that can enhance the performance of my system?

Any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated! 

Disclaimer: I'm super green into this field right now (like, 2 days in - 2 calls to Klipsch customer support and several YouTube videos of knowledge now). 

On 7/20/2022 at 3:56 PM, Jonathan Cash said:

My Questions:

1. What's the most cost effective, high-quality approach to accomplishing this?
  2. Is the Denon X3700H Receiver the right way to go?
  3. What amp should I purchase?
  4. Is there anything else I should think about investing into to that can enhance the performance of my system?

Any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated! 

Disclaimer: I'm super green into this field right now (like, 2 days in - 2 calls to Klipsch customer support and several YouTube videos of knowledge now). 

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cash said:

... but I'm not looking to spend over $1000 if I can help it... 😅

DENON AVR-X3700H 9.2-Ch x 105 Watts 8K A/V Receiver w/HEOS | Accessories4less

Let me know where one can get an X3700H for $1000, because I want one and already thought the Acc4Less price was tempting.

9 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

DENON AVR-X3700H 9.2-Ch x 105 Watts 8K A/V Receiver w/HEOS | Accessories4less

Let me know where one can get an X3700H for $1000, because I want one and already thought the Acc4Less price was tempting.

Get some separates already man!  Come on, you have the best speakers. Do them justice.  Run mains in high quality 2 channel setup with a kickout to surround if it's to your liking. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Get some separates already man!  Come on, you have the best speakers. Do them justice.  Run mains in high quality 2 channel setup with a kickout to surround if it's to your liking. 

I do already. The Denon could be a good addition for a different room.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 3:56 PM, Jonathan Cash said:

I'm thinking about getting the Denon X3700H + getting a 200W amp to connect the pre-out of the Denon receiver to.

Get your AVR hooked up to your speakers and subwoofer, run the Audyssey set-up and then listen for a while. You might be satisfied with that alone. An external amplifier may not be needed, unless you want to play it really loud.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Forget about using 16 gauge speaker wire.  14 gauge is minimum, and 12 gauge is preferred.  The lower resistance of the larger wires will let your speakers make the best use of the power in your AVR, allowing for more impactful and exciting peak sounds, especially in movies.