Best way to go about replacing H2 Woofer? (k-24-k)

Zuffer

Recently acquired some lovely Heresy IIs. Everything was well and good until I got a Quad Power Amp, and I think I may have pumped too much into them, consequently blowing the woofer and midrange driver on one of the speakers, the other is fine.

I'm here to ask you fine folks what the best course of action is next? I live in NZ so things are a little hard to come by. So far I've reached out to a few companies, but most don't seem willing to touch it. 

Is it best if I just buy a secondhand k-24-k when it comes up for sale online?

In regards to the midrange driver it seems my best bet is to buy a diaphragm replacement from simplyspeakers.. correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Ps.  They're the best speakers I've ever had the pleasure of listen to. I'm a Klipsch man for life.

Edited by Zuffer
spelling mistakes, adding that I love Klipsch speakers. Thanks.
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:47 AM, Zuffer said:

In regards to the midrange driver it seems my best bet is to buy a diaphragm replacement from simplyspeakers.. correct me if I'm wrong.

klipsch Parts is your better option ,  reach out to  @Trey Cannon  by PM  , Trey is a  klipsch   Employee , and he can  refer you to  klipsch contacts in NZ ,  tell him you need to order  a pair of k-28 and a pair of Titanium midrange diaphragms for the H III  , see what he has to say ?

2 minutes ago, OO1 said:

klipsch Parts is your better option ,  reach out to  @Trey Cannon  by PM  , Trey is a  klipsch   Employee , and he can  refer you to  klipsch contacts in NZ ,  tell him you need to order  a pair of k-28 and a pair of Titanium midrange diaphragms for the H III  , see what he has to say ?

Might as well go for the whole kit?

• Like 1

Recently acquired some lovely Heresy IIs. Everything was well and good until I got a Quad Power Amp, and I think I may have pumped too much into them, consequently blowing the woofer and midrange driver on one of the speakers, the other is fine.
I'm here to ask you fine folks what the best course of action is next? I live in NZ so things are a little hard to come by. So far I've reached out to a few companies, but most don't seem willing to touch it. 
Thanks for your help in advance. 
Ps.  They're the best speakers I've ever had the pleasure of listen to. I'm a Klipsch man for life.
I have a k24 available.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

A local repairs shop is willing to recone or fix my woofer. I just need to replace the diaphragm in my midrange now.. Doesn't seem like there's any replacements available online at this time unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Zuffer said:

Can't upgrade to Ti midrange on Heresy II without changes to the crossover and a bandpass filter?

That is correct-- the stock mid diaphragm shows up used quite often on eBay as they were used universally in a lot of Klipsch models mid '80's to around 2000 or so trick is going to find someone willing to ship to your location. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

That is correct-- the stock mid diaphragm shows up used quite often on eBay as they were used universally in a lot of Klipsch models mid '80's to around 2000 or so trick is going to find someone willing to ship to your location. 

Okay, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for a replacement. Hopefully I can find a vendor that is willing to ship. 

You willing to ship to New Zealand?
Possibly but you would have to pay the charges. The other thing is if you're buying one you might want to consider going with the k28 so you have a matching pair. The shipping can't be cheap

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

I would recommend re-coning both woofers at the same time so they're matched

A speaker shop can remove the DCap / VC and leads , measure the VC , and replace with new parts , no need to recone