Enjoying getting used to small speakers again.

On 7/24/2022 at 7:50 AM, MookieStl said:

Rickyboy, If you get a chance, drag those splits outside and cut them loose. When I get mine outdoors (no neighbors) and crank them up, it is yet another level for these already wonderful speakers. 

I'm with you guys, outside and cut loose the is the way to go. I have a pair of RCF HD32A speakers for outdoors with my PSA TV3612 sub. It's silly and sounds extremely good.  2 ways crossed at 700 hz, sub never runs out of power within reason when there are walls of course... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

How do those subs work out in free space with 4 LA scalas....? I know the answer. Awesome setup regardless. Fun. 

Surprisingly well. They are home built using Eminence LAB15 pro sub drivers that are built like a tank and have a great reputation. Driving with a Crown amp putting 600 watts to each (available). Night and day with them vs without them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Surprisingly well. They are home built using Eminence LAB15 pro sub drivers that are built like a tank and have a great reputation. Driving with a Crown amp putting 600 watts to each (available). Night and day with them vs without them.

Oh wow. I thought they were HSU subs. Look just like em.  Disregard then, that makes sense now.  Party on 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 4:30 PM, nickyboy6100 said:

As much as I try to convince myself that the smaller speakers do 90% of what the big speaker did, they just don’t. I’m not done with big Klipsch. For now, I’m content with La Scala’s. 

Before you go renting a moving van, try your LSi with a decent sub. It somehow kicks everything up a level not just the very low end. I think (doesn't happen often) that I would crank my LS too much to try to get that bass slam that just isn't there. With a small boost below 100 hz (or even 80), you aren't tempted to turn the dial as far. More enjoyable across the spectrum. I really like the bass from the LS, quick and hard hitting, just needs a little boost down low. I even added some small tapped horn subs to my Belles in my living room and it made the same impact. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Before you go renting a moving van, try your LSi with a decent sub. It somehow kicks everything up a level not just the very low end. I think (doesn't happen often) that I would crank my LS too much to try to get that bass slam that just isn't there. With a small boost below 100 hz (or even 80), you aren't tempted to turn the dial as far. More enjoyable across the spectrum. I really like the bass from the LS, quick and hard hitting, just needs a little boost down low. I even added some small tapped horn subs to my Belles in my living room and it made the same impact. 

I totally agree with you. I’ve been putting off building a table tuba for a couple years now. Maybe this fall will be the time I pull the trigger. To be clear, I could live with only La Scala’s. I really like them and have since I got my first pair years ago. They are my favorite klipsch speaker. Even though they don’t go very low. 

• Like 1