PWK explains the true meaning of efficiency

MeloManiac

It is a pity that I never got to know PWK personally. But from all his writings (which I like so much because of their evidence) and the few videos that exist, I recognize a man of very strong principles and a very special clarity and sincerity. So in other words, the absolute opposite of a swaggering, foamy-eyed blatherer of which there is unfortunately so much today, especially in the audio scene.

• Like 2

For reference 80 to 90db will get yours neighbors banging on your walls if you live in an apartment. With Klipsch speakers in most rooms at 80db you are using milliwatts average. Just do not get fooled in thinking more is better when it comes to watts. That is what manufactures of amplifiers push to sell their products. Quality over quantity is what one should look for with our speakers.  

• Thanks 3

Just now, KT88 said:

swaggering, foamy-eyed blatherer of which there is unfortunately so much today, especially in the audio scene.

I doubt it very much , no one makes it at the Top of the Audio Industry in 2022  without being extremely qualified  or the Best for the Job , the Business is so competitive and  it reacts  very  harshly  to failures  by any of it's Members ..

Just now, OO1 said:

I doubt it very much , no one makes it at the Top of the Audio Industry in 2022  without being extremely qualified  or the Best for the Job , the Business is so competitive and  it reacts  very  harshly  to failures  by any of it's Members ..

What would PWK have said to $1000 power cords? Or to $1000 capacitors? All things for which pseudo-scientific advertising nonsense is written today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The high end market and general consumer market are not the same. The general consumer market wants two dozen speakers and 47 codecs. 

Very expensive Teflon capacitors may be overkill for audio, but are required in other applications. So, just because something is expensive, doesn't mean it's pseudoscience.  

5 hours ago, KT88 said:

What would PWK have said to $1000 power cords? Or to $1000 capacitors? All things for which pseudo-scientific advertising nonsense is written today.

easy enough , PWK would sell   1000$   power cords and capacitors  if there was a market , heck klipsch sell  36k$ Jubilee's  why not sell the best 1000$ power cord on the market , build them and they will come , dont build them , they wont come 

• Haha 1

Just now, OO1 said:

easy enough , PWK would sell   1000$   power cords and capacitors  if there was a market , heck klipsch sell  36k$ Jubilee's  why not sell the best 1000$ power cord on the market , build them and they will come , dont build them , they wont come 

everyone should do what he wants. If expensive cables sell, why not. Speaking of prices, the Heritage Jubilee offer real! Value for $36K. I know how much development work went into it and also what kind of quality is built.
Is it just as good a value for money here below? I don't think so.

49E1105F-CA2F-42C8-97F9-0F698E1F5B3C.png

F6A5297C-D767-4C46-B0F0-A810753CB5B8.png

...I’m holding out for the magic spray that allows electrons to flow more naturally allowing the maximum dynamic range and transient response possible in any system while improving longevity

I already have silicone spray but it isn’t marketed properly

• Haha 1