PWK explains the true meaning of efficiency

MeloManiac

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, OO1 said:

easy enough , PWK would sell   1000$   power cords and capacitors  if there was a market , heck klipsch sell  36k$ Jubilee's  why not sell the best 1000$ power cord on the market , build them and they will come , dont build them , they wont come 

What?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 items  .....,HIFI  power cables , Market  average prices  ..... 900$  for 1 Meter ., 2 Meters  + 1200$  

--2 Meter PS  Audio  Power cable is  1237.86$ 

https://vinylsound.ca/products/ps-audio-perfectwave-ac-12-power-cable?variant=41034672373928

AudioQuest  Blizzard XTRM  1 Meter Power cable  895$  --https://www.audioadvisor.com/basket.asp

Remove Qty Description   Total 
clear.gif

AudioQuest Blizzard XTRM AC Power Cable
1.0 Meter

Item # AQBLIZZX 1
Our Price: $895.00  
$895.00  

22 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I found this interesting document on FB about speaker efficiency, written by Paul W. Klipsch himself. ...

later followed by; 

2 hours ago, OO1 said:

easy enough , PWK would sell   1000$   power cords and capacitors  if there was a market , ...

Where did you come up with that?

I grew up admiring Paul Klipsch because he built and sold excellent products that allowed people to have high quality audio at a fair price, actually saving people money (less watts needed) with his brilliant designs and good-natured spirit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OO1 said:

2 items  .....,HIFI  power cables , Market  average prices  ..... 900$  for 1 Meter ., 2 Meters  + 1200$  

--2 Meter PS  Audio  Power cable is  1237.86$ 

https://vinylsound.ca/products/ps-audio-perfectwave-ac-12-power-cable?variant=41034672373928

AudioQuest  Blizzard XTRM  1 Meter Power cable  895$  --https://www.audioadvisor.com/basket.asp

Remove Qty Description   Total 
clear.gif

1.0 Meter

Item # AQBLIZZX 1
Our Price: $895.00  
$895.00  

Sorry, is the existence of this offer proof that it makes sense to have such products? It is exactly these products that people buy to boost their ego, status or imagined "sound improvements". PWK would never have participated here but earned his money fairly and seriously. I have nothing against sensible and reasonable cables, but you don't have to make money with BS even if you could. It is also a question of honest self-understanding. Besides, such products are stupid fashion appearances. In 10 years, another nonsense will be sold. But Klipsch wants to sell reasonable and honest products for many decades to come.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, geoff. said:

...I’m holding out for the magic spray that allows electrons to flow more naturally allowing the maximum dynamic range and transient response possible in any system while improving longevity

I already have silicone spray but it isn’t marketed properly

WD40:biggrin:

2 hours ago, KT88 said:

Sorry, is the existence of this offer proof that it makes sense to have such products? It is exactly these products that people buy to boost their ego, status or imagined "sound improvements". PWK would never have participated here but earned his money fairly and seriously. I have nothing against sensible and reasonable cables, but you don't have to make money with BS even if you could. It is also a question of honest self-understanding. Besides, such products are stupid fashion appearances. In 10 years, another nonsense will be sold. But Klipsch wants to sell reasonable and honest products for many decades to come.

I couldn't agree more!

I want to add to my original post that this PWK document was intended for the Klipsch 'salesman'. No marketing babble, no BS, but facts, tabulated! And instructions on how to inform the (uneducated) consumer without BS. He's asking/warning the salesmen not to sell amps that are too powerful and will surely damage the speakers.

Durability is a keyword here! When I open my 1972 Heresy speakers, I'm always surprised how new they are on the inside while they are 50 years old! The wires used inside are color coded, feel new, the soldering is top. What comes to mind is military grade quality and reliability, not ego, luxury, status. 

PSX_20220724_092322.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry but if another poster deletes what he has posted then makes my reaction on his post no sense at all anymore. Therefore I will show the link to a Paul McGovern youtube video which was posted here before. 

I don't know with what intention the video was initially linked...as an example of the sincerity of the market players in the audio industry or as an example of BS. Well that's for everyone to choose for themselves. I also personally do not mind people like Paul McGowan, and if he has his fans, why not.

Best is from minute 21:00 on…a laugh.

Paul McGowan uses a simple trick. He elevates a competitor's product above his own power cable. But he earns much more money if he can sell his fat power generator boxes. A competitor's power cable can then be stuck in there with pleasure. By the way, this video by Paul McGowan serves to create more establishment for the whole category of power cables and power supply boxes via an emotional detour. The sense and nonsense of this category is not questioned in this way but ennobled. Products are being compared. Paul feigns great honesty by praising the competitive product. But...in this way the category is given meaning it does not have. It is all together a good example of the opposite of Paul Wilbur Klipsch.
BTW Amir also tested Paul McGowan's magic power boxes.

the PS Audio AC-12   1k$  power cable  holds  5  patents   ,the AudioQuest  Dragon  cable  costs 5k$  .

https://www.psaudio.com/products/pauls-reference-dragon-ac-power-cable/

BTW  PWK wanted  continuous  technical  improvements of the Heritage Line of Speakers , and as we speak   Heritage speakers ship with AudioQuest speaker wiring 

Audioquest makes reasonable products. I have Audioquest and Kimber speaker cables. All since 20 to 30 years by now. Nothing particularly expensive at that time but ok and it sounds to my satisfaction. For the Jubilees I have Kimber 8TC for bass and 4TC for K402. At that time it was really few euros, today 2x5 meter 8TC cost more than 900 euros. That is crazy. But I do not need special power cables?

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 2:26 PM, OO1 said:

the PS Audio AC-12   1k$  power cable  holds  5  patents   ,the AudioQuest  Dragon  cable  costs 5k$  .

https://www.psaudio.com/products/pauls-reference-dragon-ac-power-cable/

Actually, on the site linked, the Dragon power cable is $5400/each for the 1 meter length and $9800/each for the 2 meter length.

If one uses a short regular extension cord on each 1 meter Dragon cable, a person can save a whole lot of money!

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Actually, on the site linked, the Dragon power cable is $5400/each for the 1 meter length and $9800/each for the 2 meter length.

If one uses a short regular extension cord on each 1 meter Dragon cable, a person can save a whole lot of money!

you're missing  the point ,  when someone buys a Dragon AQ 2 Meter cable  for  10k$  , they  buy several of these  10k$  cables  , and no worries , they can afford  it , no need to save money , it's quality  and quantity all in one .

How about the rest of the path all the way to the powerplant?

Will making the last few feet of the path so "pure" in your home be worth it?

I've got some girthy aftermarket power cables but they aren't even worth a few grams of gold!

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I've got some girthy aftermarket power cables but they aren't even worth a few grams of gold!

Holy smokes, I'll bet they are not these Energy-Pumps I saw on US Audio Mart. All this, and more, from power cable with a stuck on label! Who knew all you had to do was tilt your equipment toward the power?

"Yes, no matter what power cord you're using, if Energy-Pump doesn't bring you lively, elegant, melodious music, or even it doesn't meet your expectations. please send it back, that no cost to you.

You have invested a lot of resources in your audio system in the past. Now you can use this upgrade to get the highest sound quality your system can bring you.

Unlike compensation methods, we are committed to technically solving the problems that occur in the music playback of the audio system. So your equipment upgrade this time will bring long-term benefits to your system. This benefit does not go away if you change devices in the system later.

The Energy-Pump power cord adopts our unique DPEC technology, which tilts the power supply to the audio equipment, giving priority to the audio equipment to supplement energy.

The Energy-Pump can quickly replenish the energy consumed by the device and will bring the following features:
1) Music playback will be able to more realistically express the transition between two notes.
2) By improving the signal following characteristics of audio equipment, distortion will be reduced and manifested as reduced background noise in music.
3)Improve the control performance of the power amplifier. Reduce or even eliminate low frequency rumble, and the box sound of the speakers will also be reduced.

The Energy-Pump improves the control of the power amplifier, the low frequency rumble will be reduced or even eliminated, and the box sound of the speakers will be reduced."

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2022 at 6:15 PM, OO1 said:

PWK  would sell  high end cables , just like klipsch sell high end earphones   ,  if a market opened , PWK would integrate the product  under the klipsch Brand .

PWK has been dead for over 20 years, how the heck do you know what he or anyone else would do. Wrong again.

Ha ha ha @michaelwjones & tell me about those Monster Zs?

I guess the Pangeas I absconded from CA Chris a while back might pull a little more current from the wall. The AC9 is thick!

Back on topic that was an interesting find, back then trying to educate the buying public instead of just taking the $.

PWK is a treasured legend!