Seeburg DDS-1 Cabinets in VT - SOLD

flyersvt

I have a pair of Seeburg DDS-1 speaker cabinets that I'd like to offer to another audio hobbyist for free. I also have the original 4x 15" Utah woofers, but they are in non-working condition. The cabinets include the crossovers (untested), and the interior driver mounting posts are in good order. The Altec horns/compression drivers are NOT included.

To those new to this speaker, each Seeburg DDS-1 contained 2 15" Utah woofers and an Altec horn/compression driver. These speakers were used in nightclubs ("discotheques") - Seeburg's primary line of business was jukeboxes. Speakers such as the DDS-1 were connected to jukeboxes or other sources to provide the primary house sound.

I've re-installed or replaced nearly all of the rear-panel tee-nuts using PC-7 epoxy to bond the tee-nuts into the MDF for another fifty years. I also removed all internal insulation and staples from the interior of the cabinets (for eventual replacement), and have extensively cleaned the cabinets inside and out.

The cabinets are in "fair" condition for their age and history. There is rounding/denting to some of the cabinet corners, and some chips and scratches on the outer plastic surfaces, and one or two minor injuries to the grilles, but these are in restorable enough shape for someone with a can of bondo and a lack of fear. I haven't had sufficient time over the last year plus to devote to this project, so I've decided to move on. I have a photo journal of the work I have done to date.

These are considerable speakers when restored to original specs. They could also make great DIY cabinets for bands or audio hobbyists.

I am located on NH/VT border about mid-state, near White River Junction VT. These cabinets are massive and weigh 120-140 pounds or so each, no joke. Please bring some muscle if you want them. Pick-up only.

ps - I do have pictures, but they all include pictures of the Altec horns/compression drivers, which are not included, so I am not posting those pictures on this thread.

Thanks for the comments! I am still hoping someone will take these on as a fun project. I just realized I bought a pair of your Heresy HIP's yesterday in person - well met, fellow Vermonter and Klipsch fan! I just signed up here but have been a Klipsch fan for 20+ years. You have some incredible speakers, and I'm sure you've forgotten more about Klipsch speakers than I've ever learned. See you around, and thanks again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • flyersvt changed the title to Seeburg DDS-1 Cabinets in VT - SOLD