LA SCALA 1977 - Advice for resale ..

Sharon H

Hello,

I'm helping my mother sort out some things at her house and she has a pair of LA SCALA speakers in great condition she wants to sell - I have many fond memories as a child of my parents throwing parties in the 70s with these babies blaring Fleetwood Mac.

I found a link to the codes for Heritage and understand part of the coding refers to La Scala, Birch, and the year 1977. 

Does anyone have any other info to share that I should know, and what would be a fair price to ask for these and best way to find a buyer? Is it normal for the guts of them to be exposed at the back?

We are in Australia so understood it depends on local demand. 

Wish we could keep them but they just take up too much space..

Thanks!

12BF50FF-72AF-4226-90CF-E34DFA4E72E3.jpeg

460A1C33-849F-4270-B9FC-FC6A992B28A9.jpeg

• Like 3

very nice... post a location.

everything looks normal and unmolested.

Post them in the garage sale section here for about 3k-3.5k and be willing to deal on them.

more pictures always help... specifically of any dings or water staining.

On 7/24/2022 at 4:55 AM, Sharon H said:

Hello,

I'm helping my mother sort out some things at her house and she has a pair of LA SCALA speakers in great condition she wants to sell - I have many fond memories as a child of my parents throwing parties in the 70s with these babies blaring Fleetwood Mac.

I found a link to the codes for Heritage and understand part of the coding refers to La Scala, Birch, and the year 1977. 

Does anyone have any other info to share that I should know, and what would be a fair price to ask for these and best way to find a buyer? Is it normal for the guts of them to be exposed at the back?

Thanks for posting that you are in Australia.

Since these are fairly rare in Australia, they would command a somewhat higher price than in the US, particularly if the cosmetics are as good as they appear in the photo.  And yes, it is normal for the "guts" to be exposed at the back.

• Like 1

@Sharon HYou can post these speakers    for Sale on the Garage Sale of the klipsch Forum   for Australian and NZ  klipsch Forum members ,   such speakers are very rare  in Australia or NZ  .

A  conservative  price for these speakers  is  5000 $  USD /converted into Australian currency , since  the overall condition is Mint   or in Showroom condition   .

On 7/24/2022 at 6:55 PM, Sharon H said:

Hello,

Thanks!

12BF50FF-72AF-4226-90CF-E34DFA4E72E3.jpeg

460A1C33-849F-4270-B9FC-FC6A992B28A9.jpeg

Because you are in Australia like myself - My advice is

Join https://www.stereonet.com/forums/discover 

You can ask any questions you have and also sell them from the site after you post a predetermined number of posts 

And free to sell Hi Fi equipment 

https://www.aussieaudiomart.com/

Price guide

In Australia the price is normally doubled from the US price 

If you are in Brisbane - I can have a look at them for you 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2