Marantz av7705 or av8802a with possible speakers

Pashco.Ceo

2 days after purchasing a Marantz av7705 for my bedroom, I got a call from a Marantz dealer saying I could have his showroom av8805 for $2500.  Who can pass that up? (If it's within the budget, of course.) I used the 8805 to replace my 8802a in the main room and have been trying to choose between the 7705 and 8802a for my bedroom.  Since I can't decide, I thought I'd let whoever buys it decide.  I'm letting one of the two go for a great price, cheaper than any sold on eBay and they both work perfectly and look like new!  I even have the box, instructions, and all the original stuff that comes with a new 7705.  I can't find the box for the 8802a but I've got everything else.  IF YOU'RE WILLING TO PAY MY ORIGINAL PLANNED PRICE OF $2000 for the 7705 or $2200 for the 8802a, I WILL THROW IN A 5.1 SET OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. Klipsch RF-15 towers, RB-25 Bookshelfs, RC-25 Center, RW-8  All in perfect condition, 0 blemishes or dents. (I've got a few other Klipsch speakers you could pick from as well.) (two closets full)

2. M&K THX LCR-750 II (Left, Right, Center) THX LCR-550 Bookshelf, M&K 12" subwoofer  (Over $10,000 if bought new)

3. B&W DM602 S2 + S3 (3 S2 and 1 S3) LCR6 Center, B&W AWS-2500 subwoofer.  

(THIS IS A DEAL THAT WILL NOT LAST LONG AT ALL, AND I'M LISTING IT IN OTHER PLACES RIGHT NOW)  

Willing to ship if only interested in av processor & maybe a few speakers, but I don't have boxes for the bigger ones.  

Paul Cole

Lapel, IN

20220723_001118.jpg

You have listed this ad in the Alerts section rather than the Garage Sale section. While it remains here, folks can challenge your statements, given unwanted advice and generally disrupt your sale. All this can be avoided by moving it to the Garage Sale section. 

BTW, I think you are putting too much faith in the Prices that are stated in eBay. It is more complicated than that. ......

Come-on....It's my first post to create ever on this forum.  AND, the stupid garage sale site says right at the top, "IF YOU'VE NOT LISTED THIS YET ON ANY OTHER SITES PUT IT IN THE ALERTS SECTION BLAH BLAH BLAH..."  I'm just following what's written.  Tell the idiots who wrote it to make it more clear if I did it wrong.   Also, I understand the eBay prices very well and the complication, confusion, corruption, and constipation for why some prices are crazy, others plain stupid, and the occasional decent "used" deal.  So, I'm up for the challenge presented by "Man kissing oversized cat" who thinks the $2000 or $2200 for the 7705 or 8802a when adding in any of the 5.1's I listed, as being overpriced compared to ebay, or ebay pricing is overpriced, or something not adding up, but it seemed like a challenge. Whatever it is, I accept. 

20210801_030242.jpg

I would definitely wash my hands after kissing any cat.  FYI, I never vent.  I'm serious maybe .02% of the time.  Ask anyone who works for me, I only get frustrated with myself if I take myself too serious.  There are enough serious people in the world that make it dreadful to live in, so I'm going the opposite direction of non-seriousness to even society out...lol.  Sorry it came across as attacking.  I meant it as a playful challenge.  Hard to see that through words, but I'll do better next time.  😉 

3 hours ago, Pashco.Ceo said:

Come-on....It's my first post to create ever on this forum.  AND, the stupid garage sale site says right at the top, "IF YOU'VE NOT LISTED THIS YET ON ANY OTHER SITES PUT IT IN THE ALERTS SECTION BLAH BLAH BLAH..."  I'm just following what's written.  Tell the idiots who wrote it to make it more clear if I did it wrong.

Where does it say that?

I'll clip and paste it.  One sec. fyi, it clearly says something like that. 

Alerts!

Want to alert forum members to sales you are not affiliated with on eBay, Craigslist, etc? Post in here.

AS MENTIONED, this was my first post to actually create and with it saying that when I haven't listed it any other place, it surely makes a newcomer think they better post in ALERTS!  I can see what the person who wrote it meant it to be, but it clearly can be taken the way I assumed it meant.  

Edited by Pashco.Ceo
forgot to address a question.

15 minutes ago, Pashco.Ceo said:

I'll clip and paste it.  One sec. fyi, it clearly says something like that. 

Alerts!

Want to alert forum members to sales you are not affiliated with on eBay, Craigslist, etc? Post in here.

AS MENTIONED, this was my first post to actually create and with it saying that when I haven't listed it any other place, it surely makes a newcomer think they better post in ALERTS!  I can see what the person who wrote it meant it to be, but it clearly can be taken the way I assumed it meant.  

the statement says the alerts section is for sales you are not affiliated with on ebay etc.  it doesn't mean that if you havent posted your personal item in those places yet to put them in the alerts section....  key phrase is "sales you are not affiliated with"  meaning items that are not yours.  

everyone can misunderstand or misinterpret typed words, but that statement reads pretty clear.     

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

001, I guess you didn't clearly read my response, or I failed to communicate it clearly.  So, let me make this perfectly clear so there's no misunderstanding. (As any good author would do.) 

So, to reiterate.  I see (now) what the author intended to say, but whoever wrote it (I'm assuming you?) should clearly see it can be taken another way and therefore rewrite it!   If you cannot see the confusion, please ask, and I will be happy to show you.  If you want, I will even rewrite it for you so no more confusion. 

On 8/6/2022 at 4:46 PM, Pashco.Ceo said:

001, I guess you didn't clearly read my response, or I failed to communicate it clearly.  So, let me make this perfectly clear so there's no misunderstanding. (As any good author would do.) 

So, to reiterate.  I see (now) what the author intended to say, but whoever wrote it (I'm assuming you?) should clearly see it can be taken another way and therefore rewrite it!   If you cannot see the confusion, please ask, and I will be happy to show you.  If you want, I will even rewrite it for you so no more confusion. 

maybe you didnt clearly read my reply & explanation of what the rules mean & how they are worded?  they are very clear & easy to understand. 

you know what they say about assumptions, they are right in this case... the rules were written by klipsch forum administrators/moderators, which i am not nor ever implied i was, but to call them "idiots" because you cant understand what they wrote is rather comical if not insulting.  i was just trying to help clarify the meaning of the rules which are very clearly written & easy to understand if you dont over analyse the wording.  nobody wants or needs you to rewrite the rules or explain how you misunderstood them.  

good luck with your sale