Got them (working)

ForMatPrO1

What is it with this board??? My first post never works???? (creates empty page)

-----

I got my Promedia 4.1 smile.gif Finally, after 2 months of waiting!!!! And I think they sound just AWESOOMME smile.gif

Glad I bought them!

Only problem is that I think the sub is kinda weak (even that weak that I fear they are broken or something..)

The sats sound really great, but with the windows volume at 75% and the pro's at 100% it is just loud enauf for my needs (yea, I like loud wink.gif)

At max-level without distorsion they play as loud as my old Cambridge Microworks (not the cheap Pcworks) but with much beter quality...)

Anyways, These are the best PC speakers I've ever had PERIOD!

now I can say ROCK ON!!!!!c> too can't I??!!! smile.gif))

Cya!

ForMatPrO

quote:

Only problem is that I think the sub is kinda weak (even that weak that I fear they are broken or something..)

Weak???????????????????

No way it is so strong that my ears are hurting and I don't go to class anymore because I can't hear anything biggrin.gif

Anyway put the sub face facing the wall in a 45 degree postion facing a corner !

Walk to the opposite wall and HEAR s>the difference!

Other wise it is defective because it is powerfull!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean on the sub, they do have some deep lows but for 160 watts I was expecting some chest vibes....

I Got mine a week ago and after messing with positioning and settings I found the sweet spot. I got to mention here that I used my "old" speakers (ragged Altec Lansings ACS48)for center/sub. Well, Today my Pros 4.1 surrendered to 75 to 80% on my Sound Blaster Live Plat, the sub started to distort majorly and you could had cook an egg in the back of it.

I really hope that I had a deffectieve set becouse I just love the way I got them going in team with the AL's. I must note here that the Altecs are 80 total watts (20*2sats and 40 Sub) and the bass is NOT far behind the beautifull Pros at 160 watts sub.

All and all they are a true sweet combo and I cant wait to get my replacement set back.

I just rearranged my whole room for a good placement with the Pro's smile.gif

Also got my new system, 1.333Ghz, 512Meg DDR, MSI KT266 PRO, 60Gig IBM, 40Gig Maxtor and the Sblive 5.1

Now the Pro's REALLLLY RULE!!!!! smile.gif

Just awesome!!! Seems like a bad placement and my old Sblive value were the cause...

What I reallly like is that I can put the volume to the max without playing music and I still can't hear any noise/static!

ROCK ON!

quote:

Originally posted by fawwaz:

do you mean the 4.1 sound differnt on the 5.1 than on the Value!

The 5.1 is only an addition to the Value(digital)!

Are you sure?

No, I don't think it was hardware related, because they are all based on the emu10k1 proc... I guess my drivers were just messed up.