Buying used: Heresy I vs Heresy II

I've been considering getting a pair of Heresy speakers. Locally, I see lots of Heresy Is for sale and a much smaller number of Heresy IIs. I've not yet seen a Heresy III or IV for sale on FB Marketplace, Canuck Audiomart, or Kijiji.

What are the differences between a Heresy I and a Heresy II?

Is the Heresy II (being a more recent model) noticeably better and worth holding out for?

• Like 1

@Dave MacKay I own V1 and a pair of the V1.5 so called but not named by Klipsch because they used components from both V1 and V2. I have not heard V2.  I’d go for whatever set you find that is the best deal, however you define that. One small bit to consider is that if you want to update drivers or crossover, the V1 back panel is removable making access to all internals very easy.  You can chase individual drivers if you want, eg K-55 vs K-53 mid range etc, but unless you really want to get inside, I’d buy the best sounding and cosmetic set you can afford and sit back and enjoy them.

Set on CAM right now in Peterborough for $800, no affiliation.

• Thanks 1

Price and condition should be highest priority. There are many modifications available to improve the I and II. And let’s not forget they’ll probably go up in value over time especially for the nicer veneers. I have both, but never tried an A B comparison since my II are upgraded it wouldn’t be fair to the I. Either way you are sure to be pleased. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1