La Scala/ organ amplifier

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yep, basically agree and thought so when you got the LSI... congrats.

Couple hundred as likely alright and as likely 100 watt.

LSI’s didn’t come with the amps. These came out of a regular home version set. I never new La Scala’s came with their own amps. 
6B4859C4-E010-45AB-9C19-8CC572C31493.thumb.jpeg.5f1b1a190ede3ea70f2f0fd89177f788.jpeg

Yep... funny thing when I bought my La Scala's the seller collected organs and wanted only the organ and the amplifiers.  He didn't want the speakers!  I also removed the attenuators that were installed on the factory networks that were on larger boards than usual.  The attenuators were cranked way down so the tweeter and mids had hardly been used over the 35 years they sat in a choir loft.

The amps were installed inside the the top part of the cabinet with a newspaper metal plate between the amp and the cabinet.  I looked to see but there was no date on the portion of the plate that was there... kind of wondered if it was from the local Hope AR newspaper.

Really nice thing about these is that the top of the speaker cabinet can be unscrewed and removed for easy access to everything.  Seemed obvious that Klipsch had done some custom construction for the organ company.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, muel said:

Yep... funny thing when I bought my La Scala's the seller collected organs and wanted only the organ and the amplifiers.  He didn't want the speakers!  I also removed the attenuators that were installed on the factory networks that were on larger boards than usual.  The attenuators were cranked way down so the tweeter and mids had hardly been used over the 35 years they sat in a choir loft.

The amps were installed inside the the top part of the cabinet with a newspaper metal plate between the amp and the cabinet.  I looked to see but there was no date on the portion of the plate that was there... kind of wondered if it was from the local Hope AR newspaper.

Really nice thing about these is that the top of the speaker cabinet can be unscrewed and removed for easy access to everything.  Seemed obvious that Klipsch had done some custom construction for the organ company.  

Mine are setup exactly the same. The screw top makes it handy to access the top hat portion. This set looks like it hasn’t seen much playtime. I wish I would have hooked them up with the included amp before I took them out, but I have a lot of gear sitting unused that will pair really well with these beauties. Thanks for all the info. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muel said:

The amps were installed inside the the top part of the cabinet with a newspaper metal plate

In a past life I worked at a small weekly newspaper in Wisconsin. Those aluminum plates, used on the presses, came in handy.