Repairing finish of La Scala AL5 Walnut Veneer

ThomBoh

56 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

First thought ...

They are not "new"

And if you just can not sleep over some minor crap like that.toy will be dissapointed in anything YSED that you may purchasethats why it's described as "USED"

The item was described as "new", and shipped from an authorized Klipsch dealer.

EDIT>Apologies for derailing this thread, i'll create a new thread for suggestions

Edited by Hawkeye_a

15 hours ago, Hawkeye_a said:

Just unboxed my new pair of Forte IVs (Walnut), and I noticed a couple of small scuffs on the front. I'm certain it didn't happen in shipping(boxes and packing-foam are not damaged), and I unboxed them myself, very carefully. A little disappointed, but it will be too much of a hassle to try and return them etc.

Any suggestions? I've been looking up the touch-up pens (Varathane, Minwax, etc), but don't want to try anything and make it worse. It seems like a surface-level(veneer) issue (not scratches). I'll look into 'Trade Secret' as well.

*sigh*

image.thumb.jpeg.0172b130ec6e3bc9b21fc3a27d164011.jpeg

Try the Tibet Almond Stick. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 9:00 AM, the real Duke Spinner said:

These are Lacquer finish ??

Or Oil

My understanding from previous posts in this thread is that they are a lacquer finish.

Got my La Scalas in last night, and wow! The Tibet Almond Stick took care of 90% of the scratches/blemishes, I'm very happy with the results. I don't really feel the need to put in the effort with filler etc to get that last 10%.

Also wow! The La Scala sound amazing. Sad to see my Heresy IV go, but wow what an upgrade.

• Like 2