WANTED: 2 x 15” driver shipping boxes to suit Klipsch Pro drivers

Knight2001DTS

Gday!

A forum member here has been kind enough to pick up a pair of K-45 drivers for me and is going to ship them to Australia for me.  

It’s a big and bumpy trip and I’m trying to give the drivers the best chance of survival, so I was wondering if anyone might have some original shipping boxes for 15” Klipsch pro (or other 15” drivers) with nice thick foam inserts etc that were designed to ship drivers all around the world unscathed…..

Of course the other option is tons of bubble wrap etc but thought I would ask here as I have been amazed at how helpful this forum has been so far!

If you have a couple of original 15” driver shipping boxes and are happy to ship them empty to another US address (at my cost of course) I’d love to hear from you!

cheers from down under!

• Like 1

I have two empty boxes I can give you, sized for 15" woofers and the fitted foam inserts plus an outer box they both fit inside. Due to the 19x19x19 size, UPS will charge us/you about as much shipping fee to your US friend as if they were loaded. Might be cheaper for your friend to buy some boxes or hopefully someone local to him can help. What city is he in?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2022 at 11:14 AM, Khornukopia said:

I have two empty boxes I can give you, sized for 15" woofers and the fitted foam inserts plus an outer box they both fit inside. Due to the 19x19x19 size, UPS will charge us/you about as much shipping fee to your US friend as if they were loaded. Might be cheaper for your friend to buy some boxes or hopefully someone local to him can help. What city is he in?

Gday Khornukopia!

thanks for the reply and the offer….

I believe he lives in or near NY state - anywhere near you?

Not sure what USPS or UPS would charge to send those empty boxes, but it could be worth the $ to ensure they arrive safe…..

I’ll get a more accurate address and if you can give me your zip code I can check the costs to see if it is worthwhile?

He is also trying to source some boxes locally but they are proving to be a little bit elusive at this stage.

I might also suggest a Storage King or the like for boxes? 

Any other ideas for a common empty rigid box supplier?

cheers!

Edited by Knight2001DTS

5 hours ago, Knight2001DTS said:

I believe he lives in or near NY state - anywhere near you?

Not sure what USPS or UPS would charge to send those empty boxes, but it could be worth the $ to ensure they arrive safe…..

@Knight2001DTS, After applying my discount, UPS charge is about $50 for me to send the 5 lbs. empty box with two inner boxes and foam inserts to New York state. 

Have your friend check with the shipping company he will be using and ask them how much they charge to pack and ship the woofers to you, compared to just shipping the 19x19x19 box @40 lbs.  Let me know.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:14 PM, Khornukopia said:

No need for this.

Just go to the home depot:

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Storage-Organization-Moving-Supplies-Moving-Boxes/N-5yc1vZchnc

put he woofers face to face with cardboard between (I assume the driver is below the basket in front.  Then use .... packing peanuts.  Yuck, I know, but if you put the peanuts in grocery bags with a little space left and tie them up, they are form-able cushion that are very useful and clean if you put them in bags.  Use several bags of the peanuts to get the speakers in a very solid and protected space.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...