H series speakers crossovers

3 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

PIO has higher ESR than polypropylene, which probably explains the choice to use Mylars when the PIOs were no longer widely available and affordable. 

Roy never said polypropylenes are “bad”, he said if you use them you have to rebalance the network. They most definitely tip the balance up, and most everyone hears this pretty easily.  

that makes sense, but wont they change the voltage curve to some extent on older speakers that didnt use mylar caps?  have they been tested & compared to know this?  strange that modern mylar caps would be so similar in all aspects for older klipsch speakers.   

"bad" was a general term, its been said many time that using PP caps will change things so much that it will hurt the sound, i equate that to being bad.  before jem caps were available/authorized,  99% of people raved about crites or other higher end PP caps in these speakers, without "rebalancing" the network... & the majority still do outside of this forum. 

its pretty clear that asking specific questions about capacitors is now frowned upon.  just trying to learn something more than my ears tell me.       

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OO1 said:

I  also want the link to your horn designs  , fair is fair right    , but  you always refuse

I don't recall you ever asking for my designs but In the spirit of co-operation I will give you my old cad files for obsolete designs I no longer make and do you prefer .stp, .iges, or .par files? I have other translators too if you wish. Which design program are you using?

• Haha 1