Filling Speaker Stands Whats Best

neosoul

On 8/4/2022 at 12:09 AM, neosoul said:

Hey guys, I apologize for any confusion but here is a picture of my stand to help everyone understand better

Those stands do not look like the type that are supposed to be filled with anything maybe you could cover them in Dynomat type material? Like I said before I would just add a large plate weight to the bottom if stability is your main concern. 

• Like 3

Agree with @jjptkd  @Schu , 100% inert , 0 resonance welded square steel tubing  boxed frame  , painted with coatings to absorb resonance  , no sand fill required , if the  stand can support a Ford  F-150  without bending ,   a pair of klipsch Quartet will do just fine .

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/9c6e8f25517f41dba19c47661f185296

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/9c6e8f25517f41dba19c47661f185296

Deer Creek Audio Steel Speaker Stand Strength Testing

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 10:54 AM, neosoul said:

Hello all,

I have quartet speakers on speaker stands that I've purchased. Curious as to what material would be best to fill them with? I bought these overseas but are similar to what is currently being sold at deer creek. Just trying to get ideas on what you guys that have stands that are fillable use

BTW , good looking stands , try them out without any fill first , so that you can gives us your thoughts as to any change in sound. Welcome to the forum 🤓

• Like 1

When I bought stands about ten years ago I was thinking the same thing. My wife suggested coins - we had umpteen Scotch tubes that had become repositories for pennies over the years. Just poured them in and they have been there until this day; very heavy, solid and of course no leaking.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

When I bought stands about ten years ago I was thinking the same thing. My wife suggested coins - we had umpteen Scotch tubes that had become repositories for pennies over the years. Just poured them in and they have been there until this day; very heavy, solid and of course no leaking.

Just keep track of how much you put in there for when/if you sell them? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/2/2022 at 5:16 AM, michaelwjones said:

I've used shot, but thought it was pricey and the stand became nearly unadjustable due to weight. Skylan recommends dustless kitty litter for their stands. Sand and rice work as well.

Noel at Skylan is very knowledgeable about audio resonances.  I use one of his 4-shelf stands for my electronics stack.  It’s well-made, adjustable in how you can assemble it, and the back looks as good as the front, so that if the front gets marked up, you can just turn it around.  His stuff is well thought out.