Klipsch Jubilee vs. JBL M2 vs. JBL 4367

diamonddelts

On 8/1/2022 at 4:05 AM, OO1 said:

these are 2 totally different kind of speakers  , you cant compare the 2  at all   . audition both and see  which speaker  you prefer .

Way different speakers , the Jubilee is a speaker that attracts the kind of owner that is searching  for  the biggest ,baddest, loudest, most outrageous , and best sounding speaker available . A speaker that can fill a very large room with no bad seat in the house, and with their extreme sensitivity, they can send unwanted guests into cardiac arrest, while the JBL would hardly register a blip on an EKG .The JBL is not in any way a similar speaker to the Jubilee with its 94 db claimed sensitivity , I know what 94  is in a larger sized room , and I know what 250 hp feels like in a car vs the 640 in my car . The JBL is a fine speaker, I’ve heard the smaller version with the 120 hp engine , I mean with the 12 inch woofer . Completely different category of speaker.

• Like 2

the JBL is a Studio Monitor  , a speaker in a  sealed booth ,  or a recording  studio with Room Correction software  ,  it's a superb  instrument  for sound editing  , now take the JBL and put it in a Movie Theater or a Dance Hall  and it's the wrong speaker ,  but the Jubilee wins ,  2  way different speakers , is very  accurate .

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 8:32 PM, Tom05 said:

Way different speakers , the Jubilee is a speaker that attracts the kind of owner that is searching  for  the biggest ,baddest, loudest, most outrageous , and best sounding speaker available . A speaker that can fill a very large room with no bad seat in the house, and with their extreme sensitivity, they can send unwanted guests into cardiac arrest, while the JBL would hardly register a blip on an EKG .The JBL is not in any way a similar speaker to the Jubilee with its 94 db claimed sensitivity , I know what 94  is in a larger sized room , and I know what 250 hp feels like in a car vs the 640 in my car . The JBL is a fine speaker, I’ve heard the smaller version with the 120 hp engine , I mean with the 12 inch woofer . Completely different category of speaker.

This was a spectacular explanation. It really added clarity to my thought process on these.  Thank you so much.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, diamonddelts said:

Most of the HT rooms I've seen are narrow and deep. I haven't seen any wide enough to have 2 jubilees flanking a  small pj screen such as 110" diagonal.

Why not have the Jubes behind the screen? For the center you could do a third K-402 on top of an old La Scala bin..

What are you using currently for DSP on the Jubes?

On 8/1/2022 at 3:25 PM, diamonddelts said:

Thank you for your reply. I already have a older pair of Jubilees. But I'm not sure where I can hear a pair of JBL M2s in the Austin Texas area. They are hard to find locally.

If the JBL M-2 speakers are discernibly more accurate than the Jubilees, I would be willing to make a change

jubs are more dynamic than the M2's and to me that would be of greater concern. Without hearing both you just are not going to know which you will be happy with.

• 5 months later...

In fact, the JBL speakers are still available. The price on the M2 will get quoted either with or without the DSP & amplifiers. The good news is that for DIYers you can buy all the pieces you need for the speaker cabinets (anywhere from 1200-1500 per cabinet). The DSP settings are also published. Be prepared to do a great deal of reading over at the Lansing Heritage site.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 8:46 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Here is a pair for $8500 that has been for sale for a long time: 

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649894982-jbl-m2-speakers-matching-crown-amps/

If these compare to the Revel Salon 2 which I read soemwhere, I'd go for the Revel.  Heard them at an audio show years ago, outstanding. 

This was a superb deal.