SOLD Teac X-1000R "R2R" plus tapes and reels

Emile

Have a Teac X-1000R in excellent condition - cosmetically 9.5/10, operation 8?/10. Sold it last week for $1000 :) However, buyer brought it back as it had some minor problems. Forward full speed did not fully engage (slow first, then speeding up) and 7/10 speed switch did not fully "catch." Probably just because unit had been sitting for about 2 years without any use. Think it may need a service to get the grease and belts redone.

Will include (aftermarket) remote, extra hubs, about 12 prerecorded 7" tapes (Chicago, BS&T, Santana), 3 full 10" tapes with metal reels, etc. Haha, on FleaBay prerecorded tapes go for about $40 each and metal spools for $70+.

Just thought I'd try here first to see if anyone is interested. If yes, send me a PM. Have about $1400 into it, but willing to sell it for much less.

Other option is to send it to a repair shop and then sell it for market value.

Cheers, Emile

IMG_2462.jpg

• Like 1

• Emile changed the title to Teac X-1000R "R2R" plus tapes and reels

Jeepers, your buyer was fickle and you were very generous to take back.  My Tascam 40-4 always reeled slowly at first then sped up and I considered this a feature, not a bug.

It worked well for me back in the day, but I let it sit for many years, and it did not wake up well.  Thankful my interested buyer picked it up anyway.

I had no trouble selling my stash of 10" reel tapes, many recorded, and about a dozen unrecorded.

• Thanks 1

if I didnt have 3 R2Rs already this is a good deal......good luck with the sale but the pre recorded tapes and metal reels go for big $$ so this is a bargain...one of my R2Rs is initially slow on the rewind and FF but then goes full speed....just figured its a safety feature so that the tape doesnt break....

• Like 1

Jeez ... it has FIVE metal 10" reels :(  At $75 each that's $375. Plus 13 prerecorded 7" tapes at $30 each ... $390. Plus extra hubs at $80. Plus remote at $80. Haha; total is $925. Guess I sold the R2R for MINUS $375 ... good enough to give it a full service :) 

• Emile changed the title to SOLD Teac X-1000R "R2R" plus tapes and reels
7 hours ago, Marvel said:

Thanks; I just looked at the atrtape site.  

In the for what its worth department, Emile is including a tape splicing kit. I told him the picture brought immediate flashbacks of my father's Ampex 15ips machine with all the tape I broke and was taught how to splice back together. Hope I remember after all these years. Surely it's like riding a bicycle...

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear, very unfortunate.

I've had mostly very good luck with the UPS and USPS, but distinctly remember I chucked out a chunk of change for very rare esoteric tube amps once.  They were shipped from New York and was horrified when the UPS guy just flat out dropped a not too heavy box on my front porch (I heard the thud), really just saw his back as he beat it back to his truck after ringing the doorbell. Opened the not very well packed box to find one of the amps was fine, but the other was mushed, and taking the mushed bottom off, saw an elevated mount for some odd component was cracked.  Luckily, the amps worked and my buddy straightened the dented bottom cabinet ( the chipped paint remains to this day ).

• Thanks 1