SOLD - SOTA STAR vacuum record player with SME Series IV tonearm buy them separately or buy them both

jeff spicoli

A few years ago I saw a local Craigslist ad for a SME tonearm. I responded and went to pick it up. The seller was selling the table as is. Basically i was buying the arm and the table was a bonus. When i arrived to the sellers house he showed me that it in fact was somewhat working and a little bummed he didn't check it out and maybe get more money but he was cool and sold it for the agreed price.

I didn't really pay attention because i was going to send the table to SOTA to get looked at anyways. I bought a shipping box and got put on a list from SOTA. I was supposed to send it in in last September but got covid pneumonia really really bad and missed my time slot and its been sitting ever since.

The table spins and the pump works except the place on the box where you push and pull the fuse in and out is broke. To get it to work you have to hold the fuse in (please see the pictures).

Id like to get $2000 for BOTH the arm, table, AND brand new factory shipping box that is around $150 from SOTA.

Or id take $600 for the table

Or $1600 for the arm

If my prices are crazy please message me. I'm selling this and a few other items to buy some tube separates. I don't want to give them away but like everyone I'd like to get market value.

sota 1.jpg

sota 2.jpg

sota 9.jpg

sota 4.jpg

sota 5.jpg

sota 6.jpg

sota 7.jpg

sota 8.jpg

• jeff spicoli changed the title to SOLD - SOTA STAR vacuum record player with SME Series IV tonearm buy them separately or buy them both