We have a new local hero in Las Vegas

tigerwoodKhorns

Another news story also said there were three involved. Two came into the store and a third waited by the door.

3:1 isn’t very good odds.

I’ve had 4:1 before and it’s amazing how quickly a bunch of guys with Bowie knives decide to rethink their plans for the evening when you draw a pistol before they can get within striking range.

• Like 2

As has been commented above, it appears the store owner knew what he was doing, as if he'd been in these situations as a store owner or otherwise. The "coincidental" convenient presence of the knife as well as the fact he approached the thief rather than defend an attack.

I'll concede the store owner had a right to defend his property, but it sure looked like he was experienced or had a plan.

This wasn't his first rodeo.

The "fight or flight" comment is a classic, legally sound defense when such an unbalanced use of force vs. the perpetrators, is used. It can absolve a lot of legal sins as long as it's quickly uttered by the victim.

• 3 weeks later...

the 3 robbers were fully aware that the store owner had a knife  -and that he would use it to defend himself if someone tried to rob him 

you can kiss the civil court damages goodbye  given these kids  still  attempted to rob the store owner  several times putting themselves at risk . 

https://www.8newsnow.com/i-team/i-team-teens-in-smoke-shop-robbery-were-on-gps-monitoring/

• Thanks 1

I haven't been in this thread for awhile seems some posts have been deleted? Kids tried to rob the store before, knew he had a knife? Two of them had ankle bracelets on? Yeah looks more and more like the store owner was justified in taking action-- the kids should be thankful he didn't "step up" his defenses after being robbed before and are damn lucky to be alive IMO.

• Thanks 1