The Fives no sound on any source

Hi there,

Having the exact same issue as described by the topic starter. I use the speakers only over hdmi, which was the selling feature for me. The sound is so good, but unfortunately support is lacking. 

Maybe this info is useful:

- I have an 2019 55" panasonic oled tv. Also performed a factory reset. No difference. 

- Switched to the hdmi cable provided by Klipsch to be sure. No difference.

-Speakers are running firmware 1.6.9 . Nice - but not a good/stable build (understatement).

- I have this firmware for a while already, since I had a support ticket in the beginning of june that refers to this. So is this really firmware related?
fyi: The ticket was related to the fact that volume steps are way to small when adjusting volume over hdmi/arc. 

Experiencing the issue is now here every single day for the last couple of weeks. I had the hiccups like once every 10-15 days before. It worries me. Sometimes I need to pull the plug a couple of times before the sound even comes back alive. 

Please, klipsch, fix this issue as soon as possible. Gave up for now and switched to the horrible sounding build in tv-speakers. Rather hear something right away then frustrating myself over the lack of basic functionality on a €900 speaker set. 

• Like 1

Same here! Firmware 1.6.9 and for the last 10 days or so this has been happening. 

I turn on the TV (speakers turn on as well) and no sound on ANY source. 

The only way I found to get the sound back is unplugging the speakers from the outlet and plug it back again. This is SO ANNOYING! Please fix that! 

Since the beginning the software experience with those speaker are so bad. And now this... 

The weird thing is that I upgraded the firmware long time ago. So probably something with the app? (Bluetooth problem?)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear Klipsch is aware and supposedly working on it. Sounds like a widespread problem, and like many said, completely unacceptable in a premium (or actually any) product. 

A few weeks ago I disabled the auto-power off, and now just leave the speakers on all the time. This has “resolved” the problem, although I won’t call it a fix. I have used the app a few times because the speakers don’t remember the equalizer settings between uses (another stupid problem that needs fixing), but using the app hasn’t seemed to cause any issues as long as the speakers remain turned on 24/7. 

I have the same issue with regard to the eArc connection.  No sound is available from the tv unless I unplug the speakers. It happens randomly for me. 

Also, there seems to be less volume available from my phono input after the firmware update. I need to turn the volume up into the 80 percent level to achieve the same loudness I formerly achieved around the 50 percent level.

I am super frustrated to still have this issue. I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I really regret getting these speakers simply because of the horrible no sound issue. Unplugging and re-plugging the power cord gets sound to work again, but doing so resets my EQ (and disables night mode). To re-enable my preferred settings, I must use the Klipsch Connect app (which appears to be causing the no sound issue in the first place). I really wish Klipsch would listen to their customers and get this issue sorted ASAP

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So looks like the latest app update fixed this issue.

I've been back to using the speakers with the app and so far didn't have any issues, everything works. Make sure to not rush the update process as there is an update for the speakers as well to come with the app  (Finally everything updates from one same app with no USB sticks :))

Would like to hear from others as well :)

Hi all,

I have the same problem. No sound on any input. Lights are on but no sound. Bluetooth not stable. Only connecting after factory reset. And when I try to connect to app Bluetooth crashes and no connection. FW version: 1.6.9. MCU version: 7.0.3. HW version: 02.00.01. DSP version: n/a. Bootloader version: 01.00.01.

Please help. 

On 2/11/2023 at 11:43 AM, ilialazerson said:

Hi all,

I have the same problem. No sound on any input. Lights are on but no sound. Bluetooth not stable. Only connecting after factory reset. And when I try to connect to app Bluetooth crashes and no connection. FW version: 1.6.9. MCU version: 7.0.3. HW version: 02.00.01. DSP version: n/a. Bootloader version: 01.00.01.

Please help. 

I took the speakers to the store today for them to fix it under warranty. They did a firmware update and the speakers started working again. I hope this problem won't happen again. 

8 minutes ago, ilialazerson said:

I took the speakers to the store today for them to fix it under warranty. They did a firmware update and the speakers started working again. I hope this problem won't happen again. 

the firmware was corrupted  ,would this happen again , the user manual  contains the instructions on how to ?  Update the firmware revision . 

• 3 months later...