Jump to content

Future of the Klipschorn


KT88
 Share

Recommended Posts

I visited the Klipsch website again today after some time because I wanted to see how the new Heritage Jubilee is presented. Everything is fine from my point of view. Then I also noticed that there is still a family photo with all the Heritage speakers in this section including the Klipschorn but that below that in the presentation of the individual models to click on the Klipschorn is missing. I used the site's search function and it showed me the 75th Anniversary Klipschorn AK6 (which will only be made 75 times as stated) as the only hit. The history of the Klipschorn including the timeline is housed at the LaScala section. Therefore somehow I got the impression that maybe the Klipschorn is not featured so much anymore?

 

Not to be misunderstood, I don't want to criticize even if my guess was correct. It is certainly also a decision that would not be easy for anyone. But my gut feeling is that there will be many buyers who have the money and the desire for a Heritage Jubilee but not the space for it. To these potential buyers I would continue to offer the Khorn because they simply want the deep full Khorn sound which is different from a Lacala, I mean not worse or better. Of course, if the order books are full for the Jubilee it may also be a capacity challenge in production. Or that the price point is delicate to set in relation to the Jubilee. Well, that's just my humble 2 cents, and maybe it's just the website being rebuilt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As long as it continues to make money for the company (and Voxx), it will continue. In some cases, Voxx is forced to continue a product because it is the namesake of one of the brands it owns. But, that is no guarantee. Voxx has shareholders and Pat tries his best to keep them happy although it is a constant challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have to say... if I were to discontinue one of the permanent historical Heritage speakers, I think the Heresy, the Cornwall and the La Scala should be considered secure in their place.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Schu said:

I do have to say... if I were to discontinue one of the permanent historical Heritage speakers, I think the Heresy, the Cornwall and the La Scala should be considered secure in their place.

 

forte not to be underestimated in market appeal. it also fits very neatly in packed dealer showrooms. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the Forte is redundant and cannibalistic in the line... but that's just me.

 

So we'd be looking at the Heresy, Cornwall, La Scala, Jubilee... Less is more.

 

Klipsch NEEDS to add a moderate sized horn loaded Subwoofer good to 20-25Hz with dual 12's or a single 15.

 

just one mans opinion.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Schu said:

I think the Forte is redundant and cannibalistic in the line... but that's just me.

 

So we'd be looking at the Heresy, Cornwall, La Scala, Jubilee... Less is more.

 

Klipsch NEEDS to add a moderate sized horn loaded Subwoofer good to 20-25Hz with dual 12's or a single 15.

 

I agree with the subwoofer comment but also feel the forte does fit nicely size wise in the line up in fact I've always kind of thought there is no longer any need for the Heresy after the forte was rolled out almost same exact footprint, same drivers with significantly better bass response. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From a dealer’s perspective, they are all essential. It’s about price point and space. Heresy is the gateway drug. Forte is for when your customer can’t fit a Cornwall (also somewhat better WAF).
 

There is a reason some of KGI/PAC’s finest minds keep them around ;)

 

Re subs… who knows what the future will bringggggg. The THX Ultra2 subs are almost ignored by everyone on most of the groups/forums and I don’t get it - they are pretty bloody good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

 

I agree with the subwoofer comment but also feel the forte does fit nicely size wise in the line up in fact I've always kind of thought there is no longer any need for the Heresy after the forte was rolled out almost same exact footprint, same drivers with significantly better bass response. 

Also it’s funny but I like my H4s more than my F4’s at the moment. Couldn’t tell ya why. I just do. Maybe because it’s far more comfortable where they live, in front of the TV as opposed to my desk. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Vivi said:

Re subs… who knows what the future will bringggggg. The THX Ultra2 subs are almost ignored by everyone on most of the groups/forums and I don’t get it - they are pretty bloody good. 

 

I've had a pair of the Ultra 2 subs at one point and while the grin factor was huge-- high output and very low extension they lacked the precision and detail of the RSW-15. I bought the set to replace the RSW ended up running all three with my Chorus II's and wow what a set up!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...