What to Buy at Partsexpress and coupons?

tigerwoodKhorns

It's $8.95 to ship and I am basically at $100. 

Need the caps to match others but I do need other stuff.  Like the Home Depot, I always need something. 

Last time that I ordered they gave me coupons but I was too tied up to use them. 

Labor day is soon, I have been putting this off since the holidays so I can wait a few more weeks. 

I did see this which looks nice:  https://www.parts-express.com/Stahl-Tools-DSDS-Variable-Temperature-Digital-Solder-and-Desolder-Station-374-400

I could have used this last time I built some x overs.  Solder sucker is not efficient. 

I have one of those Chinese desoldering guns you can buy for around $100. Work really good for boards, after you get use to them, but not very good with crossovers or connections like them. Not any better than solder suckers. Solder wick is best for those kind of connections. Thought you might want to know what to expect. 

1 hour ago, henry4841 said:

I have one of those Chinese desoldering guns you can buy for around $100. Work really good for boards, after you get use to them, but not very good with crossovers or connections like them. Not any better than solder suckers. Solder wick is best for those kind of connections. Thought you might want to know what to expect. 

Which one.  I need one for a circuit board.  The Hakko looks nice but expensive for very occasional use. 

8 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Which one.  I need one for a circuit board.  The Hakko looks nice but expensive for very occasional use. 

The S-993A. I bought mine on Amazon almost two years ago but it is not available there now. Ebay has them but like everything the price has gone up. Actually the price is the same but one has to pay $30 shipping from China. Not recommending from any seller but like this. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224556151192?hash=item344896f198:g:FOoAAOSw5UxhB3RD  There is a learning curve to properly use one.  

Solder wick with some added flux works well too for boards but when you learn how to use the gun it is a time saver when restoring old receivers, replacing old caps, etc.