anyone need a new Equipment rack!

Schu

44 minutes ago, Racer X said:

You know the game, show up ready with the cash, moan about everything you hate about it, how much work, expense to correct. If no compromise, drive around the block....

Eh, not in my 20s anymore. 

I had a guy show up at my house to buy a dirtbike and he tried to do the trick where he showed me the cash.  I think that he should have known that I have seen $2500 before and will not get too excited.   I told him that I assumed that if he drove in from out of town, he brought enough cash to buy the dirtbike. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm not good at that, I Can never walk away after I find something I really want and I've taken the time to go try and negotiate.

It usually goes something like this... seller is asking 100, I say I will give you 80, they say no, I say okay... 100.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schu said:

I'm not good at that, I Can never walk away after I find something I really want and I've taken the time to go try and negotiate.

It usually goes something like this... seller is asking 100, I say I will give you 80, they say no, I say okay... 100.

For me it's the same-- if it's something I really want and price is fairly reasonable but as a general rule I'll haggle a bit. A lot of people just want to get rid of stuff and figure its worth taking a little less just to be done with it, move on with their lives and such you can usually tell the "shedders" from the "sellers." 

• Like 1

Man, I thought it was common courtesy to have your asking price 20% more than target, give a 10% discount just for showing up to buy on time, and another 10% if buyer wants to haggle more.

You firm pricers take all the fun out of it.

Lowballers should be shown the door as quickly as possible. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Racer X said:

Man, I thought it was common courtesy to have your asking price 20% more than target, give a 10% discount just for showing up to buy on time, and another 10% if buyer wants to haggle more.

You firm pricers take all the fun out of it.

Lowballers should be shown the door as quickly as possible. 

When I want to get rid of something I put it at a good price and stay firm.  When I buy if the price seems like it is priced to move fast I don't haggle.  If high I will but I just don't have the appetite like when I was younger.  Not fun, just annoying and wasting my valuable time. 

I remember selling some leather couches at a community garage sale years ago.  This foreign woman was determined to get a lower price on an already really good deal.  She left and made these big hand gestures throwing her arms in the air like she was somehow damaging me.  It was a cultural thing but it was really funny.  We were talking like $450.  She should have been able to see that this was not going to change my life.  I sold the couches for more later on.  You need to know when you get a good deal. 

I was selling a camper shell to a guy for like $125 once.  I asked him what it was actually worth because I was getting so many call.  He was reluctant and then finally said about $300 or so.  I said cool, then you are getting a good deal aren't ya. 

On you last point, I do not care how low someone's balls hang, so long as they keep then in their shorts. 

• Like 1