(Found) WTB: Looking for La Scalas in SW MT

someduder

Good luck with your search. You might consider using a shipping service to open up your possibilities. I recently had a pair of La Scala’s sent to me through UShip. La Scala’s are the perfect speaker to ship because there are no open drivers. I was very happy with the service. 

22 hours ago, someduder said:

I was looking for a pair of La Scalas for a few years now and have not been able to find anything used in my area (Bozeman). T

I don't know how far you are willing to go.... Tucson/Phoenix cl has had some.

I got lucky with mine. Some came up. I had already planned a cross-country road trip...in a few months. I arranged some storage for them...6 months and 4000 miles [r/t] later, they got home.

• Like 1

yeah what I am probably going to have to do is bump up my price range from looking for < 3k and just accept that to get to the other side of this I am probably going to be into this for at least 4k and then widen the search area. I'll start looking in Seattle, Denver and Minneapolis as I can easily get to any of those areas to get the speakers back to me.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

41 minutes ago, someduder said:

yeah what I am probably going to have to do is bump up my price range from looking for < 3k and just accept that to get to the other side of this I am probably going to be into this for at least 4k and then widen the search area. I'll start looking in Seattle, Denver and Minneapolis as I can easily get to any of those areas to get the speakers back to me.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Don’t change your budget. Be patient. It took me 2 years and I’m outside Atlanta GA. The right pair will come along. Happy Hunting!

• Like 1

hey guys, thanks again for the replies. My search has been going on longer than two years at this point. For awhile I was not fully decided between cornwalls and la scala so that wasted time when the market was better. Then the st-70 build along with recapping the heresy pair and getting the rythmik sub kept me occupied for a year or so. I think what puts me to la scala is that I know that even if I had a great pair of cornwalls I would still want the la scala, so better to just try and go straight to what I want. what I am seeing now is that anything around the 2k range has cabinets that are clapped out or have had significant modifications done. what I would like to find is a pair of speakers that have really nice looking cabinets so there is probably an element where I am also going to have to accept that whatever I end up with is not going to be pristine as well. but hopefully 4k budget gets me closer. its tough because I see AL5's going for  8k or less so anything over 4k seems like just going to the AL5 may be the better choice.

I'll keep bumping this thread until I end up with a pair so we can all see how the journey goes! I'll end up with something. I posted a wanted ad on craigslist locally yesterday with a 4k price so we'll see if that gets any responses. I will take another closer look at UShip as it seems like you guys are recommending that too.

To those who reached out with offers to sell what you have, thank you! and keep them coming! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, someduder said:

hey guys, thanks again for the replies. My search has been going on longer than two years at this point. For awhile I was not fully decided between cornwalls and la scala so that wasted time when the market was better.  hopefully 4k budget gets me closer. its tough because I see AL5's going for  8k or less so anything over 4k seems like just going to the AL5 may be the better choice. I posted a wanted ad on craigslist locally yesterday with a 4k price so we'll see if that gets any responses. I will take another closer look at UShip as it seems like you guys are recommending that too.

Have you considered the new Cornwall IV or maybe even the forte IV? They've had some really good open box sales for B-stock that would bring them down into your price range once you add in Uship costs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393030499400?hash=item5b82717c48:g:M6oAAOSwtBZfvYC3&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoLzDEbwo5YAVF6up5F%2BG%2FvAYdivZJlj%2Fk5WiEmpTisaJutaAfBaH5RWZX9heOn%2FfYyEwWojDolOdejnWJb8crIo7XW5mzgPaGji%2Fgx6m%2BEmc6e7nXbjZwx6PzV451PPWgXRiktiXiH8%2BDudJytYQBULgb46HYr7Z89GFRL1kr%2Fo%2BDiGqt0h9g2f89Tq5gM9Gw%2FhTvjSTuFwNb6rXMosa8Hk%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-7w_MvVYA

Used pair of forte IV at TMR:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334527361830?hash=item4de3627326:g:YAQAAOSw0Nxi8cct&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoOrghobjHcWm1lW3%2FxQE4KekCWX%2BQTA%2BFHsT%2B1XHdF9xVWaMKTqvStMWZQj%2BnZawp8C7dfhvNJ5V53lJl9TZfdr0DWThrInYg9VEE5yLxGOh6TsSlrwd7tWXplzz6LKZvT2%2FizBnGLdXZ4d%2Bs3gO3j9oER3YqYy1O2F8zjxFyuKuW6fx5pVqIXXF57rLEQAqzqJJ6lDjbMWHzsUPBV%2BmqyU%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR66GjMzVYA

15 minutes ago, someduder said:

thanks for the links! I am certain on waiting for a pair of La Scala at this point as I know without doubt that fortes, cornwalls will not scratch the itch.

I don't know if you've heard them or not, but the CW IV would scratch your itch pretty good. Not Lascalas, but closer than you might think.

1 hour ago, someduder said:

thanks for the links! I am certain on waiting for a pair of La Scala at this point as I know without doubt that fortes, cornwalls will not scratch the itch.

try the SearchTempest search engine.  Look at USAudiomart, FB Marketplace, AudioKarma (subscription, but worth it.)  Lots and lots of Klipsch FB groups.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 9:39 AM, someduder said:

I am willing to drive in a few hundred mile radius around Bozeman to pick something up and would potentially be open to shipping if the price is right. I am looking for a vintage pair as my pocketbook is likely not up to the AL5 version.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best,

Jeremy

A pair just popped up here in Yelm WA I know its a ways away but $1000 seems reasonable could make a weekend trip out of it:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/ele/d/rainier-klipsch-lascala/7522586492.html

• Like 3

hey everyone, thanks but this is what I am talking about. this is a mismatched pair that is someone's project. this isn't what I am looking for. I am looking for cabinets in good shape with internals that haven't been touched or if have been have been done in an appropriate fashion. sequential numbered. The pair linked has mismatched labels so are not of the same vintage. this is definitely not a consecutive pair. seller says one cabinet is partially refinished but its not clear what has been done.

on the other hand, these speakers would be reasonable for me to get to as I could either ship with uship or fly to Seattle and drive them back in a rental. The price is good! but there would be a big project here getting these into my living room.

I mean shouldn't this mismatched set be going for like 500 or being sold individually? maybe I am making too much of it and this is why I have been searching for a set of La Scalas for so long, haha. I would rather have a perfect pair of raw birch la scalas for 3k then a project at 1k, is that too much to ask?

thanks again for the responses and thank you for providing options! this is definitely helping me clarify and I believe zooming in on a set of speakers for me.

Happy Friday!

• Like 2

• someduder changed the title to (Found) WTB: Looking for La Scalas in SW MT