I'm stumped! Paramount + streaming service not happening for us, but all others we've tried (Netflix, Prime, Disney+, History, PBS, etc) work fine.

JL Sargent

Its just weird that any other streaming service we try works fine except this one. Paramount + works for a few seconds, buffers, works again but then buffers more, on and on. Unwatchable as it is. What am I missing here?

Problem exists on different devices here at the house.

I have reinstalled the APP 3 times on Amazon firestick thinking maybe a bad download.

I have changed my DNS from automatic to manual after reading that helped some people.

I tried it in the wee hours of the morning to see if that helped, nada.

Right now I'm thinking inferior service???

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We had this problem with Hulu Plus using our Firestick. We called Hulu customer service and they helped us do a workaround.

Paramount Plus worked fine but we cancelled it. We are so happy with Hulu Plus that we no longer use any other streaming services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Khornukopia said:

Have you checked with your ISP and/or asked another customer in the area?

My ISP is ATT. The last time I asked them something my bill went up $100.00 a month. I am in a rural area. There are no neighbors in sight from my house. I do have a 5G hotspot for internet though. Most of the time my data speeds are 30Mbps down and 15 up. Should be plenty good for streaming a movie.

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

Have you tried rebooting the stick, as in, taking it out and replacing while on their service?

I have tried it on 3 different smart TVs here as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

My ISP is ATT. The last time I asked them something my bill went up $100.00 a month. I am in a rural area. There are no neighbors in sight from my house. I do have a 5G hotspot for internet though. Most of the time my data speeds are 30Mbps down and 15 up. Should be plenty good for streaming a movie.

I have tried it on 3 different smart TVs here as well.

As other member above, how about finding out from the service Paramount about any complaints in or near their service area zip code. Sounds like you have yet to receive it troublefree since you subscribed. Maybe their website...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's  a crazy world. With the last two movies I watched I was given the option of P+ or Amazon Prime as the provider? Knowing that Prime works every time without a hitch, I just used that. So in those instances I didn't even need P+ to watch the content. 

To answer your question though, no, P+ does not work here still and I'm tired of messing with it. It seems the older I get, the less I care about TV/ movies anyway. I wonder about a world without a TV.

• Thanks 1