Need Crites CT-120 tweeter overall length measurement

MMurg

Hi All,

While I'm waiting for the Celestion Axi2050 to come back in stock so I can make my single Belle Klipsch two-way, I was contemplating replacing the K-77-M with a Crites CT-120 to see if that makes it useable until the modification.  My major objection to the stock sound is the roll off of the K-77.

However, since the Belle has a brace attached to the top board not too far back from the motorboard, I'm not sure if it will fit.  I'd rather not do any modifications that I'll have to undo when I convert it to a two-way.  So, if it doesn't fit, I probably won't bother.

The point is that I need the overall length for the CT-120 horn/driver assembly.  If someone who has one could please take a quick measurement, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, MMurg said:

While I'm waiting for the Celestion Axi2050 to come back in stock so I can make my single Belle Klipsch two-way, I was contemplating replacing the K-77-M with a Crites CT-120 to see if that makes it useable until the modification.  My major objection to the stock sound is the roll off of the K-77.

Do you have an electronic crossover for your center channel, so you can bypass the old OEM capacitors in the tweeter section?

11 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

Do you have an electronic crossover for your center channel, so you can bypass the old OEM capacitors in the tweeter section?

I do have a Xilica XP-2040 that I will be using for the later modification.  Unfortunately, I only have two amplifier channels available.  So, I can't do an active tri-amp.  I'll just try it with the OEM crossover.  If I don't like what I hear, maybe I'll buy new one.

32 minutes ago, MMurg said:

I do have a Xilica XP-2040 that I will be using for the later modification.  Unfortunately, I only have two amplifier channels available.  So, I can't do an active tri-amp.

You can bi-amp your Belle. One channel to power the tweeter only with the high pass set at around 5000Hz and the other channel to power the passive crossover feeding the woofer and mid-range.

This will also allow you to EQ the tweeter.

5 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

You can bi-amp your Belle. One channel to power the tweeter only with the high pass set at around 5000Hz and the other channel to power the passive crossover feeding the woofer and mid-range.

This will also allow you to EQ the tweeter.

Do I need to EQ the CT-120?  According to Michael Crites, it's a drop-in replacement for the K-77.  I was just looking at quick changes I could make for the short term.  I wasn't looking to do a bunch of work just to redo it when the Axi2050 finally comes.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Schu said:

oh... I am sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you has that 510 horn in place.

Not yet.  I'm waiting for the Axi2050 to come in before doing any major conversion.  Since Parts Express pushed the estimated date back on it, I thought of just trying this quick and dirty change.

• Like 1