Original 1945 Klipschorn plans drawn in pencil by Mr. Paul Klipsch himself on eBay

JDJohnson

Looking at the other things he is selling, he doesn't strike me as hard core Klipsch guy. He just came across something at an estate sale and knows he has something of value. 

There is only one person I know of where these might have come from, that may not have wanted Klipsch to end up with them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Looking at the other things he is selling, he doesn't strike me as hard core Klipsch guy. He just came across something at an estate sale and knows he has something of value. 

There is only one person I know of where these might have come from, that may not have wanted Klipsch to end up with them.

Could his name sound something like Hungarian? Just a cursory casual idea.

• Like 1

These khorn plans maybe   the PWK  drawings  sent to licensed  manufacturers of the  khorn   ,  there is yellowing showing  the acidity of the paper  , the paper is quite old  and the paper  can be dated -

these plans  may be copies of the Original plans  which is not as valuable   , however if these are the Original Khorn drawings  which is very doubtful   , then they are more valuable , in any case , chemical  deterioration of the paper  is visible , and unless these drawings are  decontaminated , the paper will  fall apart , so it is crucial to act rapidly before further deterioration  destroys these drawings .

• Like 2

If they started with PK and Hunter doesn't have them, that means Valerie had them. She may have gifted them to someone who then passed. This is conjecture, I have no idea. At any rate, she was pretty bitter with Fred about where he was taking the company, and some of us heard that complaint first hand. There is more, but I can't share because of personal reasons, lol.

• Like 1

You need a chain of custody, maybe a letter or note. Man, don’t you guys watch Antiques Roadshow.

To get that kind of money, he’s going to need more than, “I ended up with a folder full of stuff that used to belong to Paul Klipsch.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I would not buy them, because of the below seller’s statements that some forum members have posted concerns about too.

“High-quality scans of all documents, (2 copies on thumb drives), and two prints of each of those scans on the appropriately sized archival paper.

These are the only scans that exist of these documents.  

The Klipsch Museum asked for a copy, but because of a personal situation I was unable to provide them.  I would hope the buyer will consider sending a set of scans and printouts to them, I had the second set made for that purpose.”

• Like 1

Yeah; seller just wants money ... and does not even want to provide Klipsch with a copy :)  And; $113 to ship a $20 Express envelope? Question ... if "you" had these, would it not be the honorable thing to do to give these to the Klipsch museum? 

Ad-on ... send the seller a note to donate them to the Klipsch museum. Haha; maybe if enough of us do he will "rethink" it and do the right thing :) 

• Like 2