Parts for KG 1.2?

snugklipsch

I have a set of KG 1.2 bookshelf speakers that have been sitting for many years, and I now have a use for them.  Not currently hooked up to anything, but I remember that one of the tweeters was inoperative.  Is there a source to replace it with a new unit?  Or, is there a suitable non-factory replacement I can use?

I know these are not state-of-the-art, but the cabinets and covers are near perfect, and they will fill my need for a small setup.

Thanks!

P.S.  To the person in NE Iowa who sold me his Klipschorns in 2014 or 2015, they are still perfect and my wife has stopped complaining (about the speakers).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, you might check the specs of the KG-1 and the KG 1.5 Klipsch bookshelves for the bad part to see if using the same as. May open doors for you wider. Google should help locate the specs for the part.

Good hunting and put this WTB ad in garage sale section here for more visibility.

@snugklipsch

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes, you might check the specs of the KG-1 and the KG 1.5 Klipsch bookshelves for the bad part

21 minutes ago, snugklipsch said:

I have a set of KG 1.2 bookshelf speakers one of the tweeters was inoperative.  Is there a source to replace it with a new unit?  Or, is there a suitable non-factory replacement I can use?

4 minutes ago, flatgrass said:

Yes the KG's use the same 1", 8 ohm diaphragm as most of the non-Heritage line mid '80's through 2000 and beyond in some models mainly Pro series. I'd recommend the Crites titanium if you're willing to spend the bucks or there's some cheaper knock offs on eBay if you're on a tight budget but I've never used those so cannot comment on their quality or longevity. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, snugklipsch said:

P.S.  To the person in NE Iowa who sold me his Klipschorns in 2014 or 2015, they are still perfect and my wife has stopped complaining (about the speakers).

That's funny right there, she finally came around huh? 😆

35 minutes ago, snugklipsch said:

I have a set of KG 1.2 bookshelf speakers that have been sitting for many years, and I now have a use for them.  Not currently hooked up to anything, but I remember that one of the tweeters was inoperative.

Just thought about it but you might want to swap tweeters first or pull the bad one and check it with a meter to isolate the problem before throwing money at it just to be sure. could be a loose wire or crossover problem you never know until you check.

• Like 2