Front height speaker placement

ahardbody

Hello all. Just picked up a set of KLF-10's to use as my main speakers, using a Klipsch R-52C for the center and will be getting a pair of R-51's for the surround speakers. Question is in regard to the height speakers. I believe I read somewhere if you are only using 2 height speakers you should install them in the front.

The KLF's are about 15' apart, one is in a corner the other at the end of a wall. TV centered between them.

I plan on using Klipsch height speakers wall mounted. Would it be OK if the height speakers are closer together on the wall instead of directly over the KLF's? The ceiling is on an angle so one speaker would be lower from the ceiling but I would put both at the same height.

Receiver is Denon AVR-S960 will be running 5.0.2 once I get the height speakers.

Pic below

298913830_1215258212593466_6579335215258141942_n.jpg

Have 2 cats, Mom and son, had another son but he had a bad disease and had to be put down.  Pic below

Silver receiver is a Sansui G-5500 that was given to me not working ( blew fuse as soon as it was turned on), tech I go to locally went through it and fixed it. It is 60 watts x 2, not seen below it is a Tascam 202 double tape deck, Turntable is a JVC QL-Y55F

I run both receivers through the one pair of speakers using a Monoprice Dual-Source 2-Channel A/B Speaker Selector.

IMG_2424.jpg

298954109_629719821754459_8285582104798553878_n.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

No help from me but...

Siamese cats are the Best cats.

RIP Jethro, it's been 37 years and I still miss you bro.

Edited by hron61