7.1 Home Theater/Surround Sound & 2 Channel Speaker Setup

JoeJoeThe3rd

Hi all long time no see. I’ve had my system for some time now and have absolutely been loving them. I’d like to say thanks to everyone that helped me with all the advice I needed in the past with choosing my gear. I couldn’t be happier with what I have now. I’m finally moved into my first house and got all the speakers moved into the new location. The living room where the speakers will reside is relatively 11’ by 18’. I guess first I’d like to list my setup. I run 2 rf7iiis for my mains and a rc64iii for the center. I power that front stage with a Parasound A31, the rest of my speakers are run with a Anthem MRX720. 2 more rf7iiis consists for my rears and two rb51ii bookshelf speakers for my back rears or w/e. I also run a Jtr Captivator 4000ULF LP. Ideally I think I would like to have them on the short wall and with that setup I should be about 12’ from them in my mlp. In the past I was about 12’ from them aswell and had the front left and right speakers about 10’ from each other if memory is serving me, which worked great for me. Practically doing the equilateral triangle technique or w/e it’s called but being slightly further away from them that they are from each other. With this info in mind I will probably try to mirror this technique. I’m open to everyone’s opinions of course with each step of this setup. Where should I set them up in my room, how far apart should the speakers be, and how far away should I be, considering the room size and dimensions and where I will be in the room, tow in also? Thank you all so much in advance hope everyone is being safe doing well and rocking the heck out. This system is insane and only wish I had way more room for it, one day one day… I really will appreciate any help this will be quite the undertaking getting everything set back up properly to get the best sound possible. I have no room treatment btw. 

Time for any room treatment can wait for now since you are playing with placement. Looks like a try it and see if works well enough. Sounds reasonable to copy what layout worked before. 12 foot worked for me, and 10 foot apart should work. I say try it.

Carpet or hardwood floors?

Thanks!

@JoeJoeThe3rd

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Time for any room treatment can wait for now since you are playing with placement. Looks like a try it and see if works well enough. Sounds reasonable to copy what layout worked before. 12 foot worked for me, and 10 foot apart should work. I say try it.

Thanks!

@JoeJoeThe3rd

Carpet my friend, and thank you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billybob said:

Thanks!

@JoeJoeThe3rd

What kind of system do you run?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

You have an impressively large subwoofer.. Have you decided where to place it?

No not exactly but I have a good idea of where it will be , it’s so big there’s not many optimism to choose from. Then again if I wanted I could probably just rearrange the room around it lol. Also, thank you this thing comes up to me over half way and I’m over 6’ and weighs almost 300 pounds. It’s just completely bonkers but it is well worth it. The things it can do how much power it puts in the flick of a remote and how much authority it has at basically any frequency it’s a must have. The power is other worldly and it matches beautiful with my rf7iiis. What do you run my friend? I will let you know where I place it when I get there and probably have pics..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JoeJoeThe3rd said:

Will do, I will probably wAit till the weekend when my girlfriend is off work to help..

Glad you have help. Thinking you are wanting to retain as muchly of your previous HT setup as possible, given the room space that is. 

Alright...

17 hours ago, JoeJoeThe3rd said:

How does she run? What kind of music do you listen to. Did you wrap those yourself? Also what inch woofer are the subs? Sorry for all the questions lol

Questions are fine. Here is some background. Bi-Amped K-Horn + K-402 horns w/ KPT-415 woofers - Page 38 - 2-Channel Home Audio - The Klipsch Audio Community

Some of the answers change over time, as I discover new things and think of different ideas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Khornukopia said:

Questions are fine. Here is some background. Bi-Amped K-Horn + K-402 horns w/ KPT-415 woofers - Page 38 - 2-Channel Home Audio - The Klipsch Audio Community

Some of the answers change over time, as I discover new things and think of different ideas.

Your system is insane, Im freaking out trying to figure out how it would sound, and what kind of numbers it is capable of.  I’d love to hear it. Badass system man really well done I can see you put a lot of time, energy, and love into her. Enjoy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khornukopia said:

That was my system before I moved. I wanted to show you other pictures and videos but it just says everything is too big, very annoying. 

71813776-E167-4327-962A-339272ACAEEE.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 2:52 PM, Khornukopia said:

You have an impressively large subwoofer.. Have you decided where to place it?

I tried to take a photo to show you the sub but it just says everything is too big. Any tips to not have to go through all the rigamarole of having to edit them and resize them every time I want to post a picture and just have it quick and easy?

On 8/19/2022 at 2:14 PM, billybob said:

Stereo with phono, cd, streaming.

Let know how it is coming along please. Thanks!

It’s coming along great pretty m ya h got everything in place yesterday I’m setting all the cords up today should be rocking out later tonight. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 5:26 PM, billybob said:

Good progress. 

I used a Paint software to resize pics taken with my Sony camera.

There are fixes for cellphones too.

Other guys here may chime in. Google has them.

@JoeJoeThe3rd

https://next.photobucket.com/u/Youngd123

thwres the progress let me know if you’re axtaually able to view the video first time trying to figure that out. Very happy with what transpired over the past couple days, took about 8-10 to set everything up and I got a lot more to go. Still really need to fine tune everything and calibrate everything and fix certain things. But I’m happy with how it went thus far lol how is a rough draft but amazing to me.