Maybe You Have A Juicy Question?

Well HELLO Mark!!!

Good to see you back. 👍

You've always been one of most knowledgeable and straight shootin' people around here. Hard to believe it's been 20 years. Me too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, artto said:

Well HELLO Mark!!!

Good to see you back. 👍

You've always been one of most knowledgeable and straight shootin' people around here. Hard to believe it's been 20 years. Me too.

Well Sir! What a pleasure to see you too! And thank you for the kind words. Has life been good to you? I certainly hope so. I recall fondly your excellent posts!

Don't be a stranger!

24 minutes ago, RealMarkDeneen said:

Well Sir! What a pleasure to see you too! And thank you for the kind words. Has life been good to you? I certainly hope so. I recall fondly your excellent posts!

Don't be a stranger!

As good as can be expected at our age Mark (almost 71 here). The usual aging issues. Blood pressure, heart failure, borderline diabetic. BUT, I have lost 60 Lbs and all the numbers are good now, everything currently benign.

The music room is undergoing it's fourth acoustical renovation. Still have a lot of my old stuff but have gone completely all-digital thru-put for most listening. Retired from making my semi-annual recordings with the Glen Ellyn - Wheaton Chorale. No more bands either. LOL

32 minutes ago, artto said:

As good as can be expected at our age Mark (almost 71 here). The usual aging issues. Blood pressure, heart failure, borderline diabetic. BUT, I have lost 60 Lbs and all the numbers are good now, everything currently benign.

The music room is undergoing it's fourth acoustical renovation. Still have a lot of my old stuff but have gone completely all-digital thru-put for most listening. Retired from making my semi-annual recordings with the Glen Ellyn - Wheaton Chorale. No more bands either. LOL

Well, for sure you did yourself a good deed losing the weight! That's a mighty tough thing to do at our age. I began about 5 years ago and slowly worked all the years of bad eating off. We had a great "nutrition" thread over in the Lounge going for a few weeks last month. Lot's of us oldsters making up for sins of the past.

No Bands? WTH? I'm looking to find some bandmates. My old fellow guitar player committed suicide after a nasty battle with long-Covid, and I dearly miss him. I'd love to find a bass player and a fiddler in my neighborhood for some cowboy campfire playing. I was conducting a 40-member ukulele group for about five years and then we moved out of the area. I dropped the uke, and picked up guitar at the ripe old age of 72, and have been working on it religiously since. I play a couple hours everyday on my faithful old '54 Martin. Good Lord I can sure get lost in my little world with my guitar!

Yeah, I have a "stereo" but, I don't obsess over any of it. Sounds ok - like most stereos do- but I'd rather spend the time playing guitar and playing with home recording gears. 

Peace to you, Bro!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, RealMarkDeneen said:

Yeah, I have a "stereo" but, I don't obsess over any of it. Sounds ok - like most stereos do- but I'd rather spend the time playing guitar and playing with home recording gears. 

Absolutely the best thing I've read today!

• Like 1

Just.....wow. Dean's building crossovers for Klipsch and now you are back on the forum. Another 20 year guy here still chugging along: Still have the Peach (which I use as a backup a couple months out of the year to keep it working well/operational which in itself is a testament to it's sound) and now with the four sets of 50+ year old Heritage now completely restored (also known as "how I spent my pandemic......") 🙂

I've also taken that "no processed/no fried" to heart here too, my wife and I have lost a collective 100 lbs and carry proper weight for our frames (myself personally for the first time in my life, the changes happening over the last five years). I'm also not too far off from the "one meal a day" thing - I find one good meal and a couple of snacks/items keep me plenty lean and  more energetic. I still remember those discussions about how you used to feed your dog and how you thought people should be eating and I internalized a lot of the essence of that discussion. I have had a TON of surgery on my orthopedics and keeping good weight and condition with age is really important. It has massively improved/extended our quality of work and life.

So you still have some "ruboff effect" here as I'm still benefiting from your builds and advices. It's hella good to see you in here, sorta feels like Reservoir Dogs 'round here lately, getting the gang back together to do more "crimes of the systems", LOL. ....and seems a bit fitting as the recent pandemic era served to allow to rejuvenate the two systems that I have had here all along.

So no real Juicy Questions as I've not had issue and really like that piece for what it is, but it's sure good to see you back here.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 5:12 PM, Marvel said:
On 9/21/2022 at 4:19 PM, RealMarkDeneen said:

I met a forum member at my house years ago, he bought some gear from me. We were talking about stereos and what we have had through the years and chasing the best sound. He told me but at the end of the day it is JUST a stereo. I will never forget that a lot of truth to that.

• Like 2

@Audible Nectar

Hello old friend! It's great to hear that you are doing so well with your health. Everything gets more difficult the older we get.

Speaking of orthopaedics, I am getting my 6th joint replacement in a couple weeks. My skeleton looks like an erector set in Xrays. But damned, if those orthopods don't do a fantastic - almost unbelievable job - of keeping my wheels rolling! This Frankin-body keeps chugging along. I feel more fit at 74 than I did at 44.

I put a "Peach Documentation Package" together for Dave to give to his tech. It's not perfect, but it should give a technician a pretty good roadmap for making repairs. If you ever need it send my your email via PM and I will email it to you. I'll be doing the same for Tercel and BlueBerry soon.

If I recall the denouement of "Reservoir Dogs" - everyone shot each other at the end!

On 9/25/2022 at 11:12 AM, RealMarkDeneen said:

@Audible Nectar

Hello old friend! It's great to hear that you are doing so well with your health. Everything gets more difficult the older we get.

Speaking of orthopaedics, I am getting my 6th joint replacement in a couple weeks. My skeleton looks like an erector set in Xrays. But damned, if those orthopods don't do a fantastic - almost unbelievable job - of keeping my wheels rolling! This Frankin-body keeps chugging along. I feel more fit at 74 than I did at 44.

I put a "Peach Documentation Package" together for Dave to give to his tech. It's not perfect, but it should give a technician a pretty good roadmap for making repairs. If you ever need it send my your email via PM and I will email it to you. I'll be doing the same for Tercel and BlueBerry soon.

If I recall the denouement of "Reservoir Dogs" - everyone shot each other at the end!

:: looks around at the internet/soc media/society/this forum since covid in particular ::

Sounds about like we are on the right trajectory 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 9:12 AM, RealMarkDeneen said:

@Audible Nectar

This is awesome.  The designer and fabricator of Juicy Music is here to support his product.  I am anxiously awaiting his info on the Blueberry Preamp.  I am experiencing some issues.  I hope to get this preamp up and running because I enjoyed what it offered for my listening experience.

Yes, there will be a Doc Package for all the products. Some more complete than others. Sorry to say that as a "one man band" my record keeping was pitiful. But, I think it will be good enough to get a tech up to speed. 

BTW, if any of you had used a tech you can recommend, it would help others to cite them in this thread.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, RealMarkDeneen said:

Yes, there will be a Doc Package for all the products. Some more complete than others. Sorry to say that as a "one man band" my record keeping was pitiful. But, I think it will be good enough to get a tech up to speed. 

BTW, if any of you had used a tech you can recommend, it would help others to cite them in this thread.

Never needed a tech. Not a hitch, bobble or bingle.  Had a lot of fun rolling that critical tube and found that the best for me was an ultrarare Tele. 

Travis

2 hours ago, sunnysal said:

Mark is back!  Still making audio equipment?  Even as a hobby for yourself? Warm regards, Tony

Oh, goodness no! I gave up solder slinging a looong time ago!  I pass the time writing and playing guitar. I do still have a stereo though.

Good to see you! Every couple days another of the old timers waltz in and its fun to see you all. I guess like a corner bar, there's no way to stay awy too long?

Cheers!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, ChrisK said:

Greetings Mark!! Still think about you every time I fire up my Peach.

On another front, not sure if you heard, but my lifelong best friend Josh passed Feb, 2021. Josh was a big JMA fan as you likely recall. My wife and I were up in NoCal this past weekend and visited his wife. We had a good listen to his system and drank some great wine.

All the best!

Chris

Hi Chris (and Mark!). 

Chris, I don't think I ever met you, but I share your feelings about Josh.  He was a great guy and very generous with his equipment.  I had the pleasure of attending a couple of amp shootouts when I lived in the Bay Area (Mark even came to the first one- that was a special treat).  Josh lugged his pCats over to my house for our second one.  He was always very open to listening to other people's gear and supportive of their opinions.  I went over to his house once, where I got to hear his beautiful stereo with custom Belles.  He sent me home with his Rega Apollo to audition in my system. 

I moved away from Cali last year and tried to contact Josh to say goodbye, only to learn he had passed away.  Was very sorry to hear that.

And Mark, welcome back!  I pretty much only lurk around here anymore.  Wasn't ever much of a poster anyway.  I always enjoyed your components, was sad to sell my Blueberry and pCats (and Khorns and Belles!) when I moved.  Still have a smaller system with Heresies and tubes.  Would be great to find a little Klipsch cadre in New England to hang out with.  I live in Rhode Island now.

Darrell