Palladium P39 Driver Help

luddite

I posted this inquiry in the general Klipsch info forum, but have yet to get a hit.  

One of the 3 woofer/driver's of one of my P39's is now making a "popping" sound at moderate volumes.  

If I remember, these speakers have a history of driver problems.  

I am trying to find out if there are replacements for the drivers, and/or if they can be repaired.  

I have placed a call to Klipsch customer service, but have yet to get a response.  

Any information appreciated.  

Klipsch may have them.  Since I own a lot of Palladium speakers, I inquired about driver part numbers and availability last year.  This was the response from Klipsch support:

Sep 22, 2021, 9:29 AM EDT 

Thank you for contacting Klipsch! Our sincerest apologies for the extremely delayed response, we've been experiencing substantial traffic increases.

You are correct that all Palladium models utilize the same K-151-OB tweeter (part #129112).
The 4.5" midrange driver is also the same on all models (part #1007682). 

The 7" woofers do vary a bit. Part numbers below.
1010100 P-17B 7 INCH WOOFER 
1007631 P-37F 7 INCH WOOFER 
1010099 P27C/P27S 7IN WOOFER 

The 8" woofer on the P-38F:
1007632 P-38F 8 INCH WOOFER

The 9" woofer on the P-39F
1007633 Woofer 9" P-39F

I took a look at our inventory and it appears we do have all of the above drivers available as replacements if needed, though there is only one of the P-37F 7" woofer available.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well.......

I got a call from Brian at Klipsch customer support today.  

He said Klipsch no longer has any parts for the P39's.  

As in, they no longer support their own premium speakers.  

The ones they originally sold for what, $20K!!!

I was referred to the Klipsch support site for discontinued items, and found no link to the P39 speaker.  

This is absurd.  The speakers are out of of production, yes, but not out of service.  

I will have to find someone who is willing to take on repairs on a limited production high dollar speaker, and hope it works. 

What a waste of my time and money. 

I should have kept my Khorns. Funny how Klipsch will support a 70 year old dinosaur, but not their attempt at 21st century technology.    

• Like 1

Interesting, the P39 is still prominently displayed on the Klipsch web page:

https://www.klipsch.com/products/p-39f-floorstanding-speaker-left#post-product-summary

And Stereophile had a glowing review June 12, 2009.

https://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/klipsch_palladium_p-39f_loudspeaker/index.html

Sadly, your experience with Klipsch Customer Service rings true, surprised you got a call, how long was the return time on that ? -- Nevermind, your post time stamp says 24 hours.

1 hour ago, luddite said:

Well.......

I got a call from Brian at Klipsch customer support today.  

He said Klipsch no longer has any parts for the P39's.  

As in, they no longer support their own premium speakers.  

The ones they originally sold for what, $20K!!!

I was referred to the Klipsch support site for discontinued items, and found no link to the P39 speaker.  

This is absurd.  The speakers are out of of production, yes, but not out of service.  

I will have to find someone who is willing to take on repairs on a limited production high dollar speaker, and hope it works. 

What a waste of my time and money. 

I should have kept my Khorns. Funny how Klipsch will support a 70 year old dinosaur, but not their attempt at 21st century technology.    

PM @Chief bonehead. The sales drones often don't have a clue.

Not sure how to do so.  

There is a trim ring over the edge of the woofer which hides the mounting screws.  

I have tried to pry it loose, but can't seem to get enough of a purchase on the trim ring to pop it out.  

Hesitant to just cram something behind it and yank, as I have a feeling it would break the plastic ring.  

Anyone have any experience getting the woofers out of a P39?  

On 8/24/2022 at 11:21 PM, Racer X said:

Interesting, the P39 is still prominently displayed on the Klipsch web page:

https://www.klipsch.com/products/p-39f-floorstanding-speaker-left#post-product-summary

The product pages for almost all Klipsch discontinued products still exist and can be found using the "Click to search all products, including legacy products" option on the search results page.  So, that's not surprising.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luddite said:

Anyone have any experience getting the woofers out of a P39?  

you will have to work all around the  trim ring  ,  with your fingers ,  pull slowly   , gently  towards you .

to   loosen the ring   ,  slide 2-3 credit cards  under the ring ,  apply pressure  to lift the ring  gradually all around as you pull

• 1 month later...

Time to resurrect this old topic.  

I posted months ago concerning a blown woofer on one of my P39's.  

I have been dealing with Klipsch customer support, and with a forum member who is an insider at Klipsch, without resolution.  

I have been told woofers are available, and most recently that the woofers are not available, and now that there may not be replacements.  

I can't figure out why Klipsch would market a speaker line more expensive than their Heritage series, only to walk away from it.  

I have one driver that has a a tear in the surround.  But Klipsch customer service tells me they cannot find a replacement.  

I have been in contact with Chief Bonehead, who initially offered help, but has since walked away from the issue.  

I do have a pair of Tigerwood P39's, which I purchased after selling my Klipschorns, which I now cannot enjoy  because of a blown driver.  

There has been recent discussion of the Palladium series on the Forum.  that is why I post now.  

If others have a way for me to get a replacement driver for a P39, please let me know.  

Klipsch has blown me off.  

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2022 at 9:45 PM, MMurg said:

Klipsch may have them.  Since I own a lot of Palladium speakers, I inquired about driver part numbers and availability last year.  This was the response from Klipsch support:

Sep 22, 2021, 9:29 AM EDT 

Thank you for contacting Klipsch! Our sincerest apologies for the extremely delayed response, we've been experiencing substantial traffic increases.

You are correct that all Palladium models utilize the same K-151-OB tweeter (part #129112).
The 4.5" midrange driver is also the same on all models (part #1007682). 

The 7" woofers do vary a bit. Part numbers below.
1010100 P-17B 7 INCH WOOFER 
1007631 P-37F 7 INCH WOOFER 
1010099 P27C/P27S 7IN WOOFER 

The 8" woofer on the P-38F:
1007632 P-38F 8 INCH WOOFER

The 9" woofer on the P-39F
1007633 Woofer 9" P-39F

I took a look at our inventory and it appears we do have all of the above drivers available as replacements if needed, though there is only one of the P-37F 7" woofer available.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Hello Sir, yes I want the Klipsch P-38F speaker woofer 1007632 

I need this 

Please tell how I will contact to you is possible please share me your Email address 

Thanks

5 hours ago, zubi said:

Hello Sir, yes I want the Klipsch P-38F speaker woofer 1007632 

I need this 

Please tell how I will contact to you is possible please share me your Email address 

Thanks

I don't have any of those.  My reply above what about what the Klipsch support told me about the Palladium driver availability from them back in 2021.  You would have to contact them to see if any are left.