Klipsch Heresy Industrial Ported HIP Available for Sale SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

kirbyshingus

Hello Klipsch people, I am Michael (aka kirbyshingus) a Klipsch forum newbie from the San Francisco Bay Area. I have a pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers, their Klipsch Heresy Industrial Ported (HIP) speakers that appear to be in perfect working order. Their sequential serial numbers are #1943 & #1944, after reading articles in this forum, I believe they were likely made around 1979, but a Klipsch Heresy expert, which I am not, would be the person to ask. I understand that the majority of people reading this know way more about Klipsch speakers then I will ever know.  All of the components and crossovers are original and unaltered. These speakers are heavy, and were apparently designed for installations in venues and churches. They sound just beautiful, very full and clear. I was really surprised at their sound in clarity and fullness.  I am from Berkeley, CA and am fortunate to own some other speakers made by a local company called Meyer Sound, and these actually held their own in sound vs. the Meyers I own (which is saying a lot).  I am at a loss about what to price these and wanted to see how people might react. I hope I am not being too bold by hoping for $1000 - $1200, I understand they are not extremely common.  I saw a pair that sold on eBay for $1260, I'd love to match that, however mine are not in mint condition. My eBay name is marimbamike1, and ideally, I'd like to sell them locally. However, I am not opposed to shipping these (relatively) heavy speakers since the majority of people looking at this ad are not local. Again, please forgive my boldness in pricing. If I am way off base, I will know very soon. Thank you.

HIP 0.jpg

HIP 1.jpg

HIP 2.jpg

HIP 3.jpg

HIP 4.jpg

HIP 5.jpg

HIP 6.jpg

HIP 7.jpg

HIP 8.jpg

HIP 9.jpg

HIP 10.jpg

HIP 11.jpg

HIP 12.jpg

HIP 13.jpg

HIP 14.jpg

HIP 15.jpg

HIP 16.jpg

HIP 17.jpg

Edited by kirbyshingus
SOLD SOLD
  • Like 1

Michael - these are really impressive and for their age look to be in amazing condition.  Regarding price - I personally believe that they are worth *exactly* what someone is willing to pay for them.

Good luck in selling them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kirbyshingus said:

Hello Klipsch people, I am Michael (aka kirbyshingus) a Klipsch forum newbie from the San Francisco Bay Area. I have a pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers, their Klipsch Heresy Industrial Ported (HIP) speakers that appear to be in perfect working order. Their sequential serial numbers are #1943 & #1944, after reading articles in this forum, I believe they were likely made around 1979, but a Klipsch Heresy expert, which I am not, would be the person to ask. I understand that the majority of people reading this know way more about Klipsch speakers then I will ever know.  All of the components and crossovers are original and unaltered. These speakers are heavy, and were apparently designed for installations in venues and churches. They sound just beautiful, very full and clear. I was really surprised at their sound in clarity and fullness.  I am from Berkeley, CA and am fortunate to own some other speakers made by a local company called Meyer Sound, and these actually held their own in sound vs. the Meyers I own (which is saying a lot).  I am at a loss about what to price these and wanted to see how people might react. I hope I am not being too bold by hoping for $1000 - $1200, I understand they are not extremely common.  I saw a pair that sold on eBay for $1260, I'd love to match that, however mine are not in mint condition. My eBay name is marimbamike1, and ideally, I'd like to sell them locally. However, I am not opposed to shipping these (relatively) heavy speakers since the majority of people looking at this ad are not local. Again, please forgive my boldness in pricing. If I am way off base, I will know very soon. Thank you.

I don't think you are far off in your pricing as they look to be in much better condition than you normally see these.

Excellent posting with all of the photos.

Duratex coating is not applicable to these speakers.

You may want to post these on USAUDIOMART (free)

https://www.usaudiomart.com/

Don't use eBay for price benchmarking as it is not realistic.  You found a one off auction on the HIPs' as they typically sell in the $500 - $750 range dependent on overall condition and completeness.  I just sold two pair that I had $700 for the older ones with no trim and $650 for the battle dressed version.  Perhaps lowering your expectations some will help get them sold.

• Like 2

With speakers like this, it is all about the location, San Fran in this instance.  Also, the drivers were all updated in subsequent variations of the Heresy Industrial, although some favor the K55V, and those K22 woofers look to be more impressive than the later stamped frames.

6 hours ago, Racer X said:

it is all about the location

I have started seeing some price drops on speakers lately. I have some things on Craigslist that should have disappeared right away and no nibbles. Local private gun sales are getting cheaper and I think the economy is getting so bad people are not willing to try and hold out for what they could get even a half year ago. That being said Klipsch is still hard to find around here and still not cheap like I see elsewhere all of a sudden.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone, It is Wednesday, Sept.  28th, 2022 and I am happy to say there is a local sale pending on these speakers.  The transaction should happen on Sunday, Oct. 2, 2022, when I will remove the ad.  I am very grateful for the kindness and informative words given to me by this forum. You people are the best.

SOLD SOLD SOLD 10-02-2022   $900

Edited by kirbyshingus
SOLD SOLD
  • Like 2

• kirbyshingus changed the title to Klipsch Heresy Industrial Ported HIP Available for Sale SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD