Is the New Jubilee - Shown on the Products Page - in Anyone's Home Yet?

7 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

@Chief boneheadhow is anyone supposed to breathe with that thing sucking all of the air out of the room.

See now D... that is the secret sauce.

The Jubilee uses the listener as part of the room gain by forcing atmosphere in and out a listeners lungs thus causing a psychoacoustical bond between the listener and the speaker 😛

• Haha 2

• Klipsch Employees
4 hours ago, Schu said:

See now D... that is the secret sauce.

The Jubilee uses the listener as part of the room gain by forcing atmosphere in and out a listeners lungs thus causing a psychoacoustical bond between the listener and the speaker 😛

Yea. What schu said!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there are other clarifications needed also. As typical with HiFi, the tech talk gets mixed into advertising talk and that is the result. 

As usual, so much discussion on cosmetics and very little on what matter in terms of sound (eg,  the advantages of horn loading and venting might be). 

Just as an aside, It raises a curious paradox. A flagship system (and an expensive one) is being demonstrated and sold at a shopping mall.  It certainly tarnishes some of the mystique and "legend". 

Just my thought,

-Tom

KUDO for BLUE HAWK       here you have a Bunch of Young guys who wanna sell 100 pairs of Jubilee speakers  ,    I bet  the Store will be  packed full of customers who will   flock to drool over the   Flagship  klipsch Heritage Jubilee  .   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Well, there are other clarifications needed also. As typical with HiFi, the tech talk gets mixed into advertising talk and that is the result. 

As usual, so much discussion on cosmetics and very little on what matter in terms of sound (eg,  the advantages of horn loading and venting might be). 

Just as an aside, It raises a curious paradox. A flagship system (and an expensive one) is being demonstrated and sold at a shopping mall.  It certainly tarnishes some of the mystique and "legend". 

Just my thought,

-Tom

I have to respectfully disagree. It’s refreshing to see a product of this quality sold somewhere that people can go and actually listen to it. I hope Klipsch markets more of their speakers like this. Those guys in the video seemed very excited and fairly knowledgeable about the new Jubilee’s. I’m sure the mistakes in their details have been made clear to them numerous times by now. As far as tarnishing the mystique and “legend”, in my eyes it just puts it out there for people to experience. I’ve never heard the Jubilee, but a La Scala has the same mystique in a concert hall as it does in my garage. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, nickyboy6100 said:

I have to respectfully disagree. It’s refreshing to see a product of this quality sold somewhere that people can go and actually listen to it. I hope Klipsch markets more of their speakers like this. Those guys in the video seemed very excited and fairly knowledgeable about the new Jubilee’s. I’m sure the mistakes in their details have been made clear to them numerous times by now. As far as tarnishing the mystique and “legend”, in my eyes it just puts it out there for people to experience. I’ve never heard the Jubilee, but a La Scala has the same mystique in a concert hall as it does in my garage. 

I agree with you NickyBoy.  If we want interest in hifi to grow - thus leading to more and even better products for us to choose from - we need to make it accessible to as many people as possible.  A mall will have more foot traffic than a typical free standing store (assuming it's a mall people actually go to).

Trying to keep it all to ourselves and living in the past is not a path for growth.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knows_Very_Little said:

I agree with you NickyBoy.  If we want interest in hifi to grow - thus leading to more and even better products for us to choose from - we need to make it accessible to as many people as possible.  A mall will have more foot traffic than a typical free standing store (assuming it's a mall people actually go to).

Trying to keep it all to ourselves and living in the past is not a path for growth.  

I appreciate your thoughts.

However, you are talking about  "growth" and "making it accessible" with speakers that cost $30K-40K. I really don't think that is going to make many converts. I am afraid, and sadden, that the idea of expensive speakers (let alone expensive and big speakers) is going the way of dinosaurs. My kids, my nieces and nephews all like my big stereo system, but none of them would ever consider it for their own homes. Face it, they are happy with their iPods. It is not true every time, but in general, it is a sad reality. 

In years past, Klipschorns could fit in a person's living room (I did not say listening room). The had cosmetics that looked like furniture. The Jubilees however are not living room friendly. They might work well in a listening room, but if you tried to put them in a general space (ie, living room) your wife would be very, very unhappy (imagine the consequences). So in a word do I think HiFi is growing ....No. I have no reason to think that is.

Would you buy a a luxury item for $30-40K at the Mall? 

I don't think many Jubilees will be sold (because of size, cosmetics, and price). Those that do get sold will probably be sold in other places. However you are correct, that it will give folks a chance to hear what good speakers can sound like. Whether they actually buy them is another question. 

Do I sound pessimistic about the future of high end audio? Yes I do. Maybe I am wrong .... I have been wrong before. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

I appreciate your thoughts.

However, you are talking about  "growth" and "making it accessible" with speakers that cost $30K-40K. I really don't think that is going to make many converts. I am afraid, and sadden, that the idea of expensive speakers (let alone expensive and big speakers) is going the way of dinosaurs. My kids, my nieces and nephews all like my big stereo system, but none of them would ever consider it for their own homes. Face it, they are happy with their iPods. It is not true every time, but in general, it is a sad reality. 

In years past, Klipschorns could fit in a person's living room (I did not say listening room). The had cosmetics that looked like furniture. The Jubilees however are not living room friendly. They might work well in a listening room, but if you tried to put them in a general space (ie, living room) your wife would be very, very unhappy (imagine the consequences). So in a word do I think HiFi is growing ....No. I have no reason to think that is.

Would you buy a a luxury item for $30-40K at the Mall? 

I don't think many Jubilees will be sold (because of size, cosmetics, and price). Those that do get sold will probably be sold in other places. However you are correct, that it will give folks a chance to hear what good speakers can sound like. Whether they actually buy them is another question. 

Do I sound pessimistic about the future of high end audio? Yes I do. Maybe I am wrong .... I have been wrong before. 

Totally agree that not many people in a mall are going to buy $30K speakers.  

They WILL however hopefully brought in to listen to them, and the when they don't want to spend $30K, will be shown and hopefully move into a smaller Heritage series speaker.

Also, I tend to believe many of our audio purchases are impulse purchases.  Many people (not like us high end people) typically won't make a special trip to an audio dealer just to look around.  They may however make that purchase when they are dragged to the mall with the family and they go look in the audio store while the fam is in the Macy's.  

Who knows, I could be completely wrong.  :)   I just think at the end of the day the more visibility of the Heritage series, the better we stand a chance over the likes of the low end stuff at the local Best Buy that people *think* is high end.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

It depends on the mall

image.png.ae1c64696a3802b59f016b37786025fd.png

Yup.  There is a HUGE mall here in Dallas that is uber expensive and upscale.  The cheapest watch place in the entire mall is the Omega store.  LOL

And the Rolex place doesn't sell those measly entry level Rolex's, it's the $20K ones starting point. 

The valet parking is full of cars worth 4X what I paid for mine.  

We go as we enjoy walking around and window candy shopping all the stores.  But it is uber upscale shopping.  A high end audio shop would make a killing in a mall like that.

On 9/18/2022 at 10:24 AM, Schu said:

nervous sales reps... lol

$56,000 in Canadian dollars.  I think they’ll definitely sell some Heritage Jubilees.  Once the price gets into that range, $10,000 one way or the other isn’t a dealbreaker.  The Jubilee buyers likely make more than the buyers of Palladiums, but maybe not.  There’s likely a certain amount of overlap between the two groups of buyers.  The size and price of the Jubilees make them a prestige item, as well as being very high performance loudspeakers.  I remember reading that part of the reason for the Palladiums was that in certain rich markets the strike against the Klipschorn was not anything performance-related.  The issue for some buyers was that they didn’t cost enough, if you can imagine that.  In some circles, admitting how little you paid for your great speakers could be embarrassing, so the beautifully finished and very good-sounding Palladiums were just the ticket for those buyers.  Now the Jubilees are here, and they make a statement!  For some people, they might be just what the accountant ordered, lol.