Very easy and reversible mod on the Cornwall IV

For some bizarre reasons, the Cornwall logo on the grill is rigth in front of the tweeter. One of those things that makes you go “mmmh”.

it’s easy to relocate it on the sides. Just it the logo gently with a hair dryer to soften the glue, remove it carefully and relocate it out of the way of the tweeter.

F3A5038C-94AF-4DA7-A3D0-FAEC645E4E3D.jpeg

93F75166-0750-4A81-9443-C612C6443912.jpeg

• Like 4

You can see on internet photos without the grill that the Heresy IV has space above the tweeter for the logo but the Cornwall IV does not so. I think that some reviewer also had the logos stuck to the side. In any case, a very good hint! Thanks. What good is the most modern Tractrix tweeter if the waves are reflected directly in front of the horn?

BTW what is the background of your name "painful reality" and the detection of such painful realities🤠?

10 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Looks like it’s above the tweeter in the pictures I just looked at, but okay. Hey, welcome back!

Dean. 

Thanks Dean, 

It’s actually pretty much in front and very audible. Made me wonder why the heck going to the trouble of designing a new phase plug only to block the tweeter with a plastic plug in front!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Ummm. Actually no

Definitely was on mine. The bottom of the logo was about 45mm from the top of the grill. The center of the tweeter is at 50mm. Might be only on mines for all I care. Maybe the logos fell at some point and were poorly replaced by the dealer or maybe these are confused to live upside down in Oz…

Not a big deal as far as I’m concerned. These are out of the way now. Took less than 5 minutes to sort.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KT88 said:

BTW what is the background of your name "painful reality" and the detection of such painful realities🤠?

The painful reality that despite all my effort to stay away of audio forums, I’m actually addicted to these massive time wasters. As far as my detection of painful realities, I’m an engineer so I dismantle stuff, measure and put everything back together hoping I won’t be left with spare parts in the end…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why not just remove the grill, wouldn't that in it self be a better mod? Plus not hair dryer or re gluing is needed.  

That is a very pragmatic approach that I should normally abide too. The CW are still in their break-in period so I prefer the sound with the grills on. Plus the grills really tied the room together…

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Painful Reality said:

The CW are still in their break-in period so I prefer the sound with the grills on. 

Congrats on the new Cornwalls! The IV's look pretty awesome I'd love to try them out some day.. can I ask what did they replace and how do they compare? thanks.

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Congrats on the new Cornwalls! The IV's look pretty awesome I'd love to try them out some day.. can I ask what did they replace and how do they compare? thanks.

They did replace my Forte III, which did replace my Heresy IV which did replace my PMC Twenty5.22.

Cornwalls always have been my favorite Heritage speakers as it’s relatively room independent compared to the La Scala, Belle or Khorns. The khorns or La Scala are awesome if you have the right room but these frankly sucks if you don’t (been there, done that).

The Forte are also excellent. Didn’t care much for the Heresy IV. The soundstage was weird (too low).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1