** SOLD March 2023 ** Klipsch Forte II w/ Academy - Both Walnut Oil : Phoenix AZ $850 Bundle

rszoke

Hi All - greetings from hot hot Phoenix!  Time to clean out space & thin the herd, where would love to find a home for these with a forum member.  Up for consideration is a Forte II pair w/ risers & a Academy ; both in Walnut Oil finish. 

These are certainly not pristine, but also not that worked over either.  Some pertinents:

• both Forte IIs have Crites capacitor replacements & titanium diaphragms
  • if memory serves, pretty sure I also re-gasketed the various speakers/horns
  • consecutive serial numbers
  • some small corner nicks here & there ; overall cab' shapes fairly decent (I hope to be conservative in my grading)
  • the riser inside corner plastic pieces are separated and all are included - figure new owner can reglue them at their discretion ; I didn't use the risers
  • I didn't touch the Academy innards, I can certainly remove the backside crossover to inspect if requested
  • the Academy is missing the badge

For forum members - asking $750 for the Forte IIs and $150 for Academy :  bundle deal $850.  This is probably what I have in these or even a little less -should be a fair deal for both parties. 

I am located in Phoenix AZ area and can deliver within a "reasonable" distance - everyone knows how heavy these are, so local only - no shipments unless somebody arranges on their end (e.g. UShip or something similar).  Honestly, I don't want any shipping responsibility as I would feel totally bad should something go awry. 

Will post other photo's in subsequent messages - let me know if there is something specific you'd like to see. 

Thank you very much for your time & consideration!

Aloha,

Rick

IMG_1161 copy.jpg

IMG_1162 copy.jpg

IMG_1163 copy.jpg

Edited by rszoke
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rszoke said:

@tigerwoodKhorns sorry - no upcoming travel plans ;(  Hope you guys are fairing better temperature-wise than PHX, with humidity feels more like Houston nowadays!!

I knew it was a longshot. 

We had a nice August with one month of monsoons, but now it is hot and some humidity so yea, not too fun. 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI:  they all look like walnut,  the title says "walnut oil oak" ,  probably just a typo but wanted to point that out.  

seems like a very good price for all the speakers, bet the fortes sound great! 

the academy can be shipped for a decent price using a box from home depot & some bubble wrap/styrofoam.   ive shipped a couple of them as well as similar size KG 2.5s just a couple weeks ago.  both KGs were $50 via fedex & arrived safe & sound.

GLWS!  

• rszoke changed the title to Klipsch Forte II w/ Academy - Both Walnut Oil : Phoenix AZ $850 Bundle
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi rszoke,

I am interested in the Academy if you still have it.

Location is Sun Lakes (Chandler).

I have forte 1's to set it up with.

More interested in how it sounds than keeping long term.

I would also be willing to rent it from you for a short time to test sound.

Powered by Sunfire 5x225 recaped by Bill Flannery, 

BTW Bill Flannery who worked close with Bob Carver retired July 2022.

Thank goodness I had him recap my Sunfire Subs as well, wonderful man.

If it makes the cut then I will resell it as I am looking for black (wife approval).

I have many pairs of speakers and other audio gear if you are looking for a trade or partial.

Mac, Marantz early Pioneer, etc

Been in HiFi over 60 years!

Thanks,

SWdealmaker

13 hours ago, swdealmaker said:

Hi rszoke,

I am interested in the Academy if you still have it.

Location is Sun Lakes (Chandler).

I have forte 1's to set it up with.

More interested in how it sounds than keeping long term.

I would also be willing to rent it from you for a short time to test sound.