Deano is an approved Klipsch network builder

48 minutes ago, OO1 said:

@deang    @JEM Performance only use    Brand new klipsch Genuine parts   

anyone who wants the Best sound  for their klipsch crossovers can  order the klipsch Parts from @JEM Performance  and do the work themselves or go through @deang   who will   manufacture the new crossover to klipsch specs -

@deangand @JEM Performance  are  klipsch Approved   .

I agree whole heartily. My understanding of what Klipsch sound engineers did is study the data sheets looking over them for the specs they wanted in a capacitor. After doing that they went to their supplier and said we want capacitors with these stats. Then the supplier either had them in stock, what the engineers wanted, or designed one specifically for them. After getting those capacitors I am sure they built crossovers with them and did some listening of what they had just built to see if it meets their specifications. If so they have exactly the sound they are looking for. How do I know all this, from some online electronic classes I have taken over the last ten years of being retired. I did take some electronic courses in my teens and early 20's but most of that was forgotten other than the basics. On one class the only thing discussed was how an engineer picks an electronic part, data sheets. Then another lesson on what the engineer is looking for on that data sheet. Electronic engineers pay no attention what is said on any social media forum. The deal with  hard electronic facts and data sheets. Not the hype of my capacitor sounds better than the capacitor you like. That is BS and it happens a lot of social forums. Never see talk like that on technical forums. I've tried to stay away from all the thread talk of capacitors on this forum. As Dean said nothing good ever comes from doing so. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, henry4841 said:

All the better audio companies have their own signature of sound and consistently stick with that sound so consumers can know what to expect when they purchase their product. Face it guys those old crossovers and capacitors were designed years ago by one of the best, PWK, but since then better components and progress in the audio field has been made. I am curious what those guys have came up with sound wise to represent their sound in 2022 in their old speakers. And Dean is one of if not the only one that provide that service for those not wanting to work on their crossovers themselves. One can expect to pay slightly more, but hey you are getting Klipsch approved components. R&D people have to be paid. They do not work for free. I bet I am not the only one curious what they came up with. 

Jim Hunter and others designed the later networks. Now, just to head off some confusion, Klipsch is not designing new networks for the vintage models for me to build. I'm simply doing clean builds of existing networks for the bigger Heritage loudspeakers. Roy has allowed me to call some original parts back into service to make that happen. I'm also doing some PCB work for people who don't want to mess with it. There is a lengthy post on page 2 with details.

I am burned out from the infighting, and everything just sounds like noise (pink) to me now. Please put away your pitchforks and go find someone on the forum that needs your help.   

• Like 3

Just now, deang said:

Jim Hunter and others designed the later networks. Now, just to head off some confusion, Klipsch is not designing new networks for the vintage models for me to build. I'm simply doing clean builds of existing networks for the bigger Heritage loudspeakers. Roy has allowed me to call some original parts back into service to make that happen. I'm also doing some PCB work for people who don't want to mess with it. There is a lengthy post on page 2 with details.

I am burned out on the infighting and everything just sounds like noise (pink) to me. Please put away your pitchforks  and go find someone on the forum to help.   

Well said. 

All I have to really say about Dean and his new association with Klipsch is that Dean is a long time member of this forum who has been building and selling crossovers here for a long time. From what little I know of him he seems to be a straight guy, no worries about your money, and from the pictures I have seen does good quality work. We should be proud for him and give him our support. 

As far as what I said about engineers, it is just what I was taught in an online electronic course I bought a few years back the way an engineer is supposed to pick out a part. Now whether the guy at Klipsch did it that way, I have no idea. At a certain point one has to trust an audio company has done it's job and picked a good looking, on data paper, capacitor for the one they chose to use. From a few postings of the ones already in the field the Klipsch capacitors chose have been positive. I am sure if they get enough of their crossovers out in the field they will use this forum as a tool and if the reviews are favorable OK and if not do a change of the cap. Nelson Pass does much the same on his section at diyaudio.com. He has stated that many times he hears of something new on that forum that he did not know. A lot can be learned from feedback. 

I just want to say one other thing about Dean. Judging by what I just said about him do not get the impression we are real close chummy buddies. We are friends, we both have said as much openly on this forum but we have had some opinionated discussions in private messages and openly on this forum before. Friends do that sometime, but he is still a friend. I wish we all considered ourselves here as friends and treat each other as such. This is after all a Klipsch forum for Klipsch loving members to participate in. Dean and I remind me of what an old man told me when I was in my 20's. He said him and his wife had been married for over 50 years and had never had a fight. But they have been known to wake up the neighbors discussing things early in the morning. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Dean and I remind me of what an old man told me when I was in my 20's. He said him and his wife had been married for over 50 years and had never had a fight. But they have been known to wake up the neighbors discussing things early in the morning. 

Right, we're definitely not married, lol.

• Like 1

Long ago I turned to Deang to build my boards.  It's my last system unless I hit the lottery.  Then it's those big boys I drool over.  :) 

I could NOT have asked for someone nicer to put them together for me.  Totally honest, very "real," professional in every way and knows what he's doing.  Life's simple and Deang stepped up and made my LS sing.  For that, I'll be forever grateful. 

Things have changed over the years and now there's a supplier of authorized parts, which is a game changer for everyone. Those boards he made me are a work of art as far as I'm concerned.  

I'm also glad things worked out with Roy and Corporate to get him back in the loop.  The thing so many forget is w/o PWK this would have never happened.  No guy on the planet is better than the Chief imo.  Every great leader had a bonehead somewhere.  That one "go to" guy you can trust to step up as the leader of the pack someday.

Today, EVERY thing is or should be proprietary in business, imo.  If it's not, you're not going to be in business too long.  It's global now, reverse engineering, open plant tours.  Why???  Just my .02 worth.   

Nope, not Diana Krall but...  If the shoe fits buy the other one!  :)

• Like 5

Hey guys, lets all ask for his participation on this forum and perhaps he will feel sorry for us and throw us a bone every now and then. Right now he is mostly a referee of verbal fights. I would be happy for just a bone throwed my way. Hit the like button on this message and perhaps he will notice. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, svberger said:

How does one find out more of the offerings, prices, ordering info of this and other products of Dean's?

Ask Dean. I have a Klipsch question but I am not going to ask it here out of respect for the focus of this thread is about Dean's new association with Klipsch. Dean is the one to ask about Klipsch crossovers now. That is if the big boss man does not answer your question first. 

4 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Ask Dean. I have a Klipsch question but I am not going to ask it here out of respect for the focus of this thread is about Dean's new association with Klipsch. Dean is the one to ask about Klipsch crossovers now. That is if the big boss man does not answer your question first. 

???…How is the question not relevant to the focus of the thread?

12 hours ago, svberger said:

How does one find out more of the offerings, prices, ordering info of this and other products of Dean's?

Quotes from @deang on page 2 & 3:

"It will be a month before I have my parts. If you must, buy the cap kit and send them to me. PM me and we’ll talk about packing and shipping."

"I asked Roy if he would be willing to contact Universal Transformer and authorize them to allow me to bring back the T2A and T4A, along with several other parts. These parts will be wound to Klipsch factory spec. I do not plan to sell these parts independent of a complete build.  1) These parts are expensive and I do not have the money to maintain a substantial inventory. 2) If your network is failing to the point where you need a new autotransformer or coil, you should strongly consider replacing the networks. 

Roy has approved the following.

1) If you are using the two piece phase plug K-55-V or John Allen A-55-G, I can build the Type AL-3 or Type AK-3 for you. Single port phase plug K-55-V will be Type AA.

2) No zeners. In fact, no tweeter protection unless you ask for it, in which case you will get the 100 ohm resistor in parallel with the polyswitch.

I will also build the Type B2 for the Cornwall. Cornwall II is a possibility. 

I will recap Heresy II, Forte, Forte II.

Chorus and Chorus II, but you must buy the capacitor kit from JEM, and ship networks and capacitors to me."

11 hours ago, svberger said:

Excellent question.

Configurations available for network types (A, AA, B, B2, E, E2, etc, etc)?

Complete rebuild or repair/update services?

Any options, such as a -3db reduction on the midrange for a specific network?

Components installed?

Shipping costs?

Turnaround times?

Contact information?

Pricing?

• Like 1