Minimum Room Width for Forte IV

mreeter

Hello everyone, newb here with a question on adequate room width for Forte IV that I'm considering. Wife and I are downsizing and moving into our retirement home (my final resting place) I'm loosing my fairly spacious room that I enjoy now and will be in a spare bedroom that has a front wall of only 11.5 ft. wide.

I've never owned a Klipsch model and would appreciate any input on the room I have to work with, and if you think the Forte IV would be a good fit or not, as it's an oddball space for sure.

TIA

image.thumb.png.cab6f6e4a72433c4014f58bbfd6eafff.png

For a while, I had Klipschorns in a room that width, but about 14 feet high.  Weird, right?  They were fine, except only one person could occupy the sweet spot chair.  The sound was fine tonally for two more folks, but their soundstage was narrower.  You and your wife could probably put the right arm of one chair right up against the left arm of the other chair and get a good image.

4 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I had La Scalas in a room that narrow, but about 20ft deep. Standard 8ft ceilings. They worked great.

How for back will you be sitting?

And welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the replies so far. If I can place the speakers at least 8' apart, I can easily sit back 8' or more as the total room depth is a little over 15'. The ceilings are 9'.

Edited by mreeter

You may need to adjust front to back to prevent some nulls. Just to be aware of the possibility. 

I would love to hear the new Forte IV. I love the horn loaded bass of La Scalas, but the Forte could change my mind. Space is not a problem for me, as present space is about 20x22 with almost 10ft ceilings (former 2 car garage).

21 hours ago, mreeter said:

Hello everyone, newb here with a question on adequate room width for Forte IV that I'm considering. Wife and I are downsizing and moving into our retirement home (my final resting place) I'm loosing my fairly spacious room that I enjoy now and will be in a spare bedroom that has a front wall of only 11.5 ft. wide.

I had Forte III in my listening room that have the exact same width.  Soundstage and imaging were very good.

AE61F7B9-FE32-4439-BB26-E37C2CDED022.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Painful Reality said:

I had Forte III in my listening room that have the exact same width.  Soundstage and imaging were very good.

AE61F7B9-FE32-4439-BB26-E37C2CDED022.jpeg

6 hours ago, Southern said:

I prefer the imaging of my Forte's facing straight forward with them 12" from the back wall, unlike my RF-7's which I prefer angled.

Due to the layout of my room, the Forte's are 6' apart and my seating is 10' back.

image.jpeg.51704c433e17ebb52c9cc39a888d956c.jpeg

4 hours ago, Fido said:

My Forte IVs are 12 inches off back wall and 9 feet apart from each other. I sit approx 10 feet back from them and aim that straight out. No toe in. 

Thanks for the replies, I'm glad to hear some have had good results with a narrow configuration. I've been spoiled with my current space of 15.5' W x 16.5 D. I feel like the new space will be challenging, but doable after these responses. 

Current room

image.thumb.png.cdf19bc1ae766cb6638960a8beedac23.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom05 said:

Looks like a very nice room for the Forte’s , most people are much more compromised  than you are , I don’t  see anything wrong at all . The Forte IV’s  are an awesome speaker , can’t go wrong with that choice . Welcome to the forum 🤓

Thank you for the welcome 🙂 That is my current room, the one I will have in a few months is in the sketch in the initial post, I'm compromising for sure. Probably not going to pick up some Forte's until we get moved in and can talk the Dealer into letting me demo a pair in the new space. I'm relieved that the room 'might' work for them.

• Like 1

Yea , I see the new room, I  like it .I’d rather be a little too close (together) than too far apart . I hate a hole in the middle ,  seems like acceptable separation . Closer, farther , personal preference to my way of thinking, and you will likely adjust quickly to the new geometry.Have fun 🤓

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mreeter said:

Thank you for the welcome 🙂 That is my current room, the one I will have in a few months is in the sketch in the initial post, I'm compromising for sure. Probably not going to pick up some Forte's until we get moved in and can talk the Dealer into letting me demo a pair in the new space. I'm relieved that the room 'might' work for them.

Make sure you leave with the accoustic panels,!