cable lifting...

Schu

I love the advantages each of analogue and digital. They are different. I think cable lifters are stupid nonsense for stupid people with too much money. Besides, it implies that you have cables for money that other people buy good stereo equipment with. You should try 5 dollar cable per metre to see if the lifting has an effect. BTW obviously there are good cheap cables:

Maybe the next idiot will soon come along and say that the spacers don't give enough height. It would be much better if we lowered ropes from the ceiling and the cables had to be attached to them to be placed at a height of one metre.
Question, what is the next idea for audiophiles? 

Another example. I have 1993 Tannoy Canterbury without the earth wire for the chassis. The later models have this extra earth lead which must never be connected to minus output of the amp. It must be connected to the ground of the socket or to the radiators etc. The idea is that in this way RF is diverted which otherwise feeds the chassis like an antenna into the speaker cable and flows back to the amp. Ok I installed it for my former Tannoy speaker after the fact out of curiosity. Yes, it sounds different, maybe even clearer in the mids. But there are so many gimmicks, here the RF irradiation, there the distance of cables from the floor and whatever else there is. And on the other hand, there is habit. I have made the experience that I got used to every sound as long as there were no annoying or ear-aching parts. 
I would advise friends of pure digital sources to do without speaker cables altogether if the thread theme is worrying you. Put a wifi-enabled amp directly to your Heritage speakers and the discussion about floor spacers is over.

BTW out of curiosity I prised open all our walls and tore out the light cables. The dust and debris was worth it. You wouldn't believe how much more harmonious and natural our lamps shine after I run them over the walls with spacers. My wife was overwhelmed by the sight.

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Please explain ..how a complete shielded loudspeaker / rca cable can be influenced by electro magnetic fields in your listening room

I think you didn't understand the concept... it is in fact the Electromagnetic field that actually conducts in the circuit and not current flowing down a line.

A circuit isn't like a hose with liquid flowing thru it... I mean it is,  but it's not the flow that powers the device but the electromagnetic field created by that flow of current that does.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Schu said:

I think you didn't understand the concept... it is in fact the Electromagnetic field that actually conducts in the circuit and not current flowing down a line.

A circuit isn't like a hose with liquid flowing thru it... I mean it is,  but it's not the flow that powers the device but the electromagnetic field created by that flow of current that does.

of course @Schu , after45 years dealing with HiFi you can be sure that I know what you´re looking for  😉

At HiFi trade shows, you often see speaker cables that are routed across the floor with special spacers. This is somewhat reminiscent of high-voltage lines, which span countless kilometers of the landscape with the help of many tall poles. The tower-like high-voltage pylons prevent the strong electrical charges from jumping over the uninsulated cables due to the large distance to the ground.

In contrast, only a low voltage is applied to the usual speaker cables in the hi-fi sector, since these cables are sufficiently insulated for the low voltages.

To find out if this plays a role in your listening room, do a simple experiment with books.  Place the books under the speaker cables so that a floor distance of at least 2 " is achieved. Then listen if there is a difference. I´m sure there isn´t any .

1957120916_Kabelhochlegen.thumb.jpg.69ceab8f6611f39bd4171450f542b726.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

This is somewhat reminiscent of high-voltage lines, which span countless kilometers of the landscape with the help of many tall poles. The tower-like high-voltage pylons prevent the strong electrical charges from jumping over the uninsulated cables due to the large distance to the ground.

lol.

It's speaker wire.

Also, many power cables are direct buried.

Maybe these "cables" should be hanging from the ceiling?

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

of course @Schu , after45 years dealing with HiFi you can be sure that I know what you´re looking for  😉

At HiFi trade shows, you often see speaker cables that are routed across the floor with special spacers. This is somewhat reminiscent of high-voltage lines, which span countless kilometers of the landscape with the help of many tall poles. The tower-like high-voltage pylons prevent the strong electrical charges from jumping over the uninsulated cables due to the large distance to the ground.

In contrast, only a low voltage is applied to the usual speaker cables in the hi-fi sector, since these cables are sufficiently insulated for the low voltages.

To find out if this plays a role in your listening room, do a simple experiment with books.  Place the books under the speaker cables so that a floor distance of at least 2 " is achieved. Then listen if there is a difference. I´m sure there isn´t any .

1957120916_Kabelhochlegen.thumb.jpg.69ceab8f6611f39bd4171450f542b726.jpg

Well, it depends on whether the books have exciting content.

• Haha 1