New member into

Mark S.

57 minutes ago, Mark S. said:

Let's try this again in the right forum.  Just wanted to introduce myself.  New to the forum.  I'm the original owner of KG 2.2s.  Seeking info on possible upgrades and new speaker ideas for the future.

Hello, the 2.2's are great little speakers titanium diaphragms for the tweeters are a nice upgrade and the speakers being almost 30 years old the crossovers could probably use new capacitors. 

If you're looking for new speakers the RP-600m are being phased out and offered at steep discount right now, would likely be a nice step up in quality. 

• Like 1

Thanks jj.  I did install the Crites titanium domes and that was a decent improvement.  I realize the capacitors are old and that would be my next project.  I'm a bit confused however on the Crites rebuild kit.  If I understand correctly my crossovers have two purple canister style caps and two blue, one large one small so total of 4.  The Crites kit shows 12.  Not sure how that would come together.

46 minutes ago, Mark S. said:

Thanks jj.  I did install the Crites titanium domes and that was a decent improvement.  I realize the capacitors are old and that would be my next project.  I'm a bit confused however on the Crites rebuild kit.  If I understand correctly my crossovers have two purple canister style caps and two blue, one large one small so total of 4.  The Crites kit shows 12.  Not sure how that would come together.

Here's what I could find for the schematic:

https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=169002

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:01 PM, Mark S. said:

Call them up; they're easy to talk to.  Also, just hang round here for a while and you'll learn lots.  I sure did.

Welcome to the Forum!