Klipschorn 70th anniversary edition 99% mint condition

AaronB123

I am considering selling my Klipschorn 70th anniversary speakers bought a couple years ago and have literally been sitting in storage for years. I would guess they have less than 10 hours of play time on them if I had to be honest. I bought them then immediately after ended up buying jubilees and storing these. They are 99% mint the only issue is when moving them I used a little hand truck and the lip of the truck got caught on the black baseboard at the front and kind of chipped it. Other than that they are 100% mint and look brand new. 

They are works of art and sound incredible. To be honest I doubt they are even fully broken in. There is one issue though that I have ran into trying to sell them in the past. They somehow got mixed up at the store I bought them from (onecall.com) and they sent me a mismatched serial number pair. Now they are only one number off but many people that were interested in buying had a big problem with that. Obviously that doesn't affect how they sound but I suppose it will affect resale value down the line if the buyer decided to sell them. I also do not have the boxes anymore as they were huge and I had to get rid of them. 

I am in the CT area and definitely do not want to ship these so local pick up or someone willing to travel would definitely be ideal. 

Asking 12,000 OBO

Unfortunately the site has an extremely small size limit on photos so if anyone is interested I can send them through email or text. 

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

What is your asking price?

Lol my fault I completely forgot to put that in there.. Original post has been updated. I am asking 12k now please tell me guys if you think that's a a fair price. I know everyone on here is honest and I've met nothing but good people on here. I know them being a mismatched pair that will limit my interest like I mentioned but that does not affect how they sound or look. The only time that may affect them is if the buyer wanted to sell them down the line. 

1 hour ago, Schu said:

you should also mention that this release of Klipschorn came with the sealed backs...

70th-Anniversary-KHorn-Back.jpg

having stupidly selling my 70th La Scala II's, I think that asking price is a very reasonable starting price.

What do you mean stupidly selling your la scala's, did you sell them now you regret it? 

4 minutes ago, Schu said:

unfortunately true... despite currently having both KHJ and AK6, I dearly miss my 70th LSII's.

Yeah the la scala's are incredible speakers. To this day they are one of my favorite speakers I have owned from Klipsch. Sounds to me like you actually like them better than the K-horns? 

So I have a pr of 70th anniversary  schorns am looking for a center speaker (or pair) of scalas to match. Got a a set of belles in teak (6/10)? Also set of schorns kc/bb 9.6/10 with crites boards crites tweets not installed. Haven't been on site for a year+ but willing/happy to talk. Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2022 at 8:47 AM, tidmack said:

I haven't been on the forum lately, but saw this post and wanted to bump it. I saw Aaron's Klipschorns earlier this year and can vouch for their condition. They're absolutely stunning...the woodgrain on these looks ridiculously cool. 

Jeff

Thank you sir! Hope all is well!!