Klipsch MCZ-2

hogwylde09

Picked up a rather sweet Thorens TD-125.

SME 3009 MKIII arm, vintage AT 6006 safety raiser. And an added nice surprise. Mounted on the headshell is a Klipsch MCZ-2. Nail must still be sharp, because it tracks like a dream. Right under a gram 3/4.

With (Redboy) Nate’s Altec 4722 SUT. I’m highly impressed.

6E9E5247-BD62-48B8-8670-5BE03B16618D.jpeg

84CF2F82-AF53-46F5-8651-C6DB4A1CE332.jpeg

8F515237-9BDA-4783-BC49-E7280E1E0D1F.jpeg

• Like 4

@seti learn something new, or maybe it’s remembering something once again! 
Somewhere in the back of my mind I believe I had heard of the rare Klipsch cartridge or ran across it, vinyl engine?
Seriously though. First I’ve seen on the SUT. Thanks for sharing. Wonder what transformers are used?

I’d love to find the MZC-7. 
The 2 has bass in spades. Everyone has different tastes with turntable cartridge’s.

The Pickering XLZ-7500 may have the edge in upper frequencies, but not bass slam. 
Had a visit from a friend yesterday, sold audio as a career before retirement. The store sold Klipsch. He told me he had 2 that he could remember, the MZC-7. One he had sold to his BIL. The other one on that auction site.

• Like 2

In the 1980's, the Japanese master craftsman and audio engineer Dr. Hiroaki Hibino became fascinated with the dynamics and musicality of the classic Klipsch heritage loudspeakers. He thought to create a cartridge that matched those characteristics. When he presented his cartridge to Paul Klipsch, Dr. Klipsch was so pleased with their sound that he agreed to co-market these cartridges along with Dr. Hibino.   

Specifications:
- output 0.2 mV (1kHz, 3.54 cm/sec)
- frequency response 20-45,000 Hz (+/- 2dB)
- channel separation more than 27 dB
- channel balance less than 0.5 dB (1kHz)
- optimal stylus pressure 1.8 +/- 0.3 grams
- stylus 0.3 x 0.7 mil.
- weight 5.1 grams  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, seti said:

They are rebranded Zennn carts also labeled Levinson. Good stuff. I have boron and aluminum cantilever and for some reason prefer aluminum.... Maybe something wrong with my borons.

Bor cantilever´s advantage vs alu shall be a better resolution above 10 KHz, however I had enough Bor cantilever´s like Nagaoka MP 500 , I´ll never heard a better resolution in the hights to the vintage Nagaoka OS 300 MP with alu cantilever 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Bor cantilever´s advantage vs alu shall be a better resolution above 10 KHz, however I had enough Bor cantilever´s like Nagaoka MP 500 , I´ll never heard a better resolution in the hights to the vintage Nagaoka OS 300 MP with alu cantilever 

How strange. Thanks...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I had a hearing t done last week and at my age of 60 I still achieved 97% . So it can't be my hearing that still hears frequencies up to 16 KHz.

That is pretty good. I can not english what sounds good. For me music listening is a feeling. Which I can't express very well. This is likely why I can't stand reviews.

I had a ruby klipsch cart but I dropped it and then I cried lol..... I don't know of anyone that has even seen a diamond.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seti said:

That is pretty good. I can not english what sounds good. For me music listening is a feeling. Which I can't express very well. This is likely why I can't stand reviews.

I had a ruby klipsch cart but I dropped it and then I cried lol..... I don't know of anyone that has even seen a diamond.

I feel with you ,

smilie-gross_323.gif

got a collection from more than 14 Vintage Cartridges , they all are in 100% condition , with new cantilevers and stylies, even I don´t know anyone who owns the diamond. A friend of mine owns a GRACE F9 RUBY , sounds fantastic