K-77 impedance mismatch

gigantic

On 9/10/2022 at 11:17 AM, gigantic said:

I don’t care so much about resale value as much as a maxim that a mentor told me years ago: “how you do anything, is how you do everything.” 

the upshot is that I got the 8 & 16 ohm tweeters for the price of one, so I might be able to sell one and recoup the cost. So for the time being, I’ll use the K-77M and live with the shame that only I know… 😉 actually, you all know now, too. 😳

BTW, it's not a full "SUPER" heresy unless your replace the tweeters too. Which is the main reason I created the Name to begin with for my H1 Modifications.

That said, if I had just swapped out the K-22 for a K-42 and ported the box without a new Super Tweeter (sMAHL), I may have just called it a Rear Ported Heresy mod and not a Super Heresy (1.0 or 2.0, depending on woofer choice). Also Baby Cornwall was the original name based on the Porting only. Either way it's still just a Modification and not an official Klipsch Factory product so it's mostly about the fixed box size either way.

Just now, ClaudeJ1 said:

BTW, it's not a full "SUPER" heresy unless your replace the tweeters too. Which is the main reason I created the Name to begin with for my H1 Modifications.

That said, if I had just swapped out the K-22 for a K-42 and ported the box without a new Super Tweeter (sMAHL), I may have just called it a Rear Ported Heresy mod and not a Super Heresy (1.0 or 2.0, depending on woofer choice). Also Baby Cornwall was the original name based on the Porting only. Either way it's still just a Modification and not an official Klipsch Factory product so it's mostly about the fixed box size either way.

oh, I will, but because this is my first attempt, I want to go through all the steps to understand how each change affects the whole. I get that it’s reinventing the wheel since you’ve done all the hard work for us already, however, this is how I learn best. I’ve read every page of both super heresy threads, plus several other build threads and much of the crossover threads. I’m just beginning to grok the latter, but I’m a little bewildered by it all. While I can repeat much of the information I’ve taken in verbatim, until I’ve actually done it, I won’t understand it completely.

Basically, I’m an artist and craftsman, not an engineer: I work with concepts and ideas and turn them into form, but I frequently deal with the concrete by feel and intuition, not calculations and numbers. As such, I’m reliant of the proofs and methodologies that you and your kind develop, but must attune my intuition through experience. It’s the exact opposite of your approach, it’s sloppy, meandering and occasionally ad hoc, but this is what works for me and more importantly, I find it enjoyable. I deeply, deeply admire how you reach your conclusions and results, but for how my brain functions, somewhat randomly and by free association, your methods would leave me muddled and miserable. 😂 basically, I can’t do anything the easy and straightforward way. 

22 hours ago, gigantic said:

They arrived in the mail today. Here’s the weird thing: they have sequential serial numbers and Klipsch labels.  I’ll pull out my multimeter later and get a reading on them, perhaps the seller got the reading in error. 

They read 7.5 & 6.5. Seems normal. 

On 9/13/2022 at 9:06 PM, deang said:

I will only build these if I get a Super Claude t-shirt, club patch, and twenty seven eight-by-ten autographed color glossy plots with circles and arrows. 

Good to see another Arlo Guthrie fan. More of us than y'all think! LOL.

• Like 1