Crackling Center Channel

MaestroMurdock

I just purchased the Reference Cinema System 5.1.4 and I purchased new 16 gauge speaker wire to set them up. The center channel speaker is crackling. I decided to watch the final battle of endgame and the crackle occurs during the same specific lines of Thanos's speech, and Iron Man's retort.

I've checked the connections at the speaker and at the receiver and it still occurs. I've tried lower, and louder volumes, and it still occurs. I tried to adjust the speaker configuration in my TXSR608 from 40hz up to 200hz and it still occurs. 

Returning/exchanging them would be difficult, so I'm hoping there's another option available to me to resolve the crackling issue.

(I just did a random YouTube sound frequency test and it seems to happen only between 120-150hz.)

Edited by MaestroMurdock

Your overdriving it apparently.  Lower the level for the center and if you have a built in equalizer for that channel drop those particular frequencies some.  That is only an entry level speakers system so perhaps lower your expectations or get a more robust center speaker.